cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activision lag compensation and gaming traffic

TerryCTR
Grafter

Re: Activision lag compensation and gaming traffic

Totally agree mate, its not Plusnets fault for offering a good connection.
I had my interleaving switched back on, but the ping has only went for 31ms to 45ms so I didn't notice much difference last night with some games as bad as ever - however some were fine. If I could just get a bit more ping added on then id be in line with most of the other players and it would be fine.
As much as I would like to see people boycott the game, to force developers to rectify the issues, we both know its not going to happen.  I myself by every cod title in the hope that the issue is resolved but since MW2 its just went down hill
jim:quote
Blim
Grafter

You could always play in servers with higher ping? have you tried US servers? At least that way you know the client to client ping will be high, assuming your playing people from the US. Not really that sure how the client side hit detection works but from what I've read other players pings are to you not the server. I could be wrong thou.
TerryCTR
Grafter

Its not that simple (xbox), all I can do it search on the best connection and sometimes it turns out people with better connections and I don't have any problem. I don't think it allows you to search by region
Blim
Grafter

Sorry I forgot you sed xbox  Lips_are_sealed
flaminmoses
Grafter

been playing bops 2 and fifa 13 since release.
bops 2 isnt too bad.
get a few games which seems a bit off.
but fifa gets a few days on the trot where im struggling to move as fast as the opponent.
ive put a rant on the ea forum although i doubt it will do much.
will test out 12 h2h this week and if thats fine im gonna let rip on ea.
ive tried alsorts of things to rectify the differenc ein conenctions.
tried different firmware for the router
different qos settings and even the slightly more complex ones didnt make any difference.....still ahvent managed the most complex one as i cant find the right router lol
TerryCTR
Grafter

What ping is your connection giving?
flaminmoses
Grafter

on speedtest it can vary at different times of the day.
usually 5ms
but of late it has been around the 11ms mark
bt speedtest has it around the 21ms mark
dont think ive got variable ping because when i resgisters say 5ms it usually stays like that for the next few tests
variable ping is a killer in games.
chamrucker

Was on Plusnet and I left at the beginning of the year and I got Virgin Broadband XXL fibre optic......bad mistake! The lag compensation was out of this world! I didn't have any major issues on Plusnet Pro when I played Black Ops so I really don't know what got in to me to cancel my Plusnet Pro and go for Virgin fibre optic 100mb. The worst part is on Virgin I'm the host 85% of the time and I'm basically throttled so much it's not even funny. I also have Sky Broadband unlimited and I have tried playing Mw3 and Black Ops 2 on it and the lag is worse than when I'm host on my Virgin 100mb and I know it's not lag compensation it's just rubbish broadband so after weighing my options I ordered Plusnet Pro in order to have a decent connection with good latency but with low upload speeds so I never host Call of Duty games because its a joke now! Hopefully it goes well because at the moment it's frustrating when I play COD on my Virgin 100mb......I don't get Activision's way of thinking because this is really going to kill the franchise,FPS games are all about connection and if 7/10 matches you have are laggy then what's the point!?!
flaminmoses
Grafter

you can throttle upload speeds on some routers
i have mine at 1mbs yet i still host occasionally
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

It was a server side mod originally for UT, that got taken on by them, so originally the players back then wanted it.  It gave those on 56k and ISDN equal footing with those with broadband.  I used to play UT and UT 2003 on dialup and even for dialup it didn't work, soon after I gave up on FPS's and tried my first MMO after it became the norm to have it server side.
So as I have already said, the only way they will stop using it is from hearing bad reports from their bean counters.  If we don't buy it, they will get the idea they pissed us off, with the fickle nature of software jobs they would soon be out of one.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November