Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum guaranteed speed

FIXED
between1and16ch
Grafter

minimum guaranteed speed

I was surprised at the minimum guaranteed speeds quoted for the Plusnet FTTP  e.g. Full Fibre 74 is 40Mb minimum guaranteed speed, and Full Fibre 500 is 275Mb minimum guaranteed speed.

Seeing that has made me hesitate - what are the risk factors that affect speed for a e.g. a nominal 500 Mb FTTP connection? - it can't just be contention surely, as those figures seem to be similar proportional markdowns to what are quoted for FTTC?

What kind of real-world speeds are people seeing?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: minimum guaranteed speed

Fix

I have the full 900 and so far it's been awesome. I get the speed (and more) that I signed up for.

I am streaming in the background, plus we have 4 machines connected at the moment.2022-07-28 19_07_52-Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test - Personal - Microsoft​ Edg.png

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@between1and16ch 

With FTTP you should get near the product speeds ie with 74 down you should get near 74 down with a much reduced ping - unless there's a specific problem affecting performance. If there is a problem then it sould be fixable.

I just wonder if the PlusNet system hasn't caught up with the reality of FTTP - they're still quoting the potential FTTC speeds.

Brian

between1and16ch
Grafter

Thanks both! - that's kinda what I expected/hoped to hear, sounds like someone's being overcautious! Smiley