Did you mean: 

Upload speed

FIXED
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: Upload speed

@Notoriousxx  we're still waiting for the order to complete from outside. I take it there is no improvement? In the old Openreach FTTC modem days, we could setup a PPPOE connection directly eliminating the router from the equation. I'm thinking the Openreach ONT will work the same if others can confirm and it would be worth trying to get connected that way instead to eliminate the router be it the hardware/firmware perhaps. Here @ https://asahi-net.jp/en/support/guide/os/pppoe_win10.html shows the setup for win 10 but similar on other operating systems, use your username @plusdsl.net and your broadband password to authenticate it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Notoriousxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There has been no change yet. I will check tonight when I'm back from work though.

I will also try the method you have suggested. I'm not sure if that would work on android devices though, only Windows I'm guessing?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

I'm thinking the Openreach ONT will work the same if others can confirm

@James30 it will, however you need a machine with a wired network capability that can make a PPPoE connection.

I'm not sure if that would work on android devices though

Yep, not sure how you're going to do that on an Android device...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Notoriousxx  - Do you have a Windows/Mac computer you could borrow?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Plusnet Help Team
Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Oh, I do have PCs, I just meant if that would be a permanent solution then my android devices wouldn't work with that suggestion I guess?

I'm on the way home now so I will test if anything has changed and report back.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

It's not a permanent solution, it's just a test to eliminate the router

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

No change in speed I'm afraid.

Why would the router be at fault?
Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Still no difference this morning.

I didn't get to do the troubleshooting yesterday as something else cropped up, but I shouldn't really have to be doing things like that as the broadband should just work as intended and as I'm paying. I've had nothing but issues since the plan started.
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Notoriousxx  I understand, I'm sorry for the hassle. We're struggling a bit to find where the issue is and we don't offer a minimum guaranteed speed for upload. Just an estimate, unlike the download. Can you let us know when you have been able to set up a connection on the PC using a PPPOE connection so we can be sure that we're not dealing with any strange firmware or compatibility issues with it.

We're also waiting for Mat W to return to clarify what he meant by modifying the connect as the notes aren't clear. If the authorities allow modifying your provisioned upload to something higher would be interesting but this order seems to be stuck, if we don't hear back from you about the PPPOE test then we'll get back to you Monday 1st April with details of this modify Mat has processed.

Plusnet Help Team
Notoriousxx
Rising Star

In my "Welcome to Plusnet" email, it states my upload speed should be minimum 27mbps, not 20.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@James30  The OP raised this issue on the 11th of February, Plusnet seem to be dragging their heels on solving it and now you say you will get back on Monday the 1st of April, why such a delay? You should be able to find out what modify order Matt W placed and chase it up.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Thanks for this. I do agree they are taking their sweet time. In the contract summary it says if Plusnet cannot resolve my issues within 30 days then I am entitled to cancel without penalty. It has been more than 30 days now. My network was activated 6th Feb!!! I was told the network increase would be Monday and then put back to 145 Tuesday to see if this resolved the issue!!! I shouldn't have to be doing network tweaks to rule out router issues. It's ridiculous and inconvenient for me.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

Other than the figures being "not right" is this giving rise to a material impact on your use of the internet?

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Yes, actually.

Edit to add.
On occasions, the network fluctuates from 145 to 60. As well, as I am paying for a speed of minimum 27 upload and have only ever experienced 20.

I just want an explanation, if I can get more than 20 upload, I will be satisfied. I am not getting answers from anyone despite raising this on the forum as well as ringing customer services.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

Would you care to share?