Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two lines one fttc one fttp

sirgoulas
Hooked

Two lines one fttc one fttp

Hey there.

So the house I am currently living has 2 separate plusnet lines both FulL Fibre 74 connected through a cable to my master socket. One of the lines is personal and the other one is for everyone else provided by landlord. 

I received an offer to upgrade to Full Fibre 145. I was talking to one of plusnet's customer support and she told me that an engineer would need access property and change the spcket so it will go fttp instead of the cabinet. I don't want to make any changes to the existing shared broadband but only on my own. Can and if so how can this work out without causing any inconvience to rest?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Two lines one fttc one fttp

If the services arrive at a copper phone socket they are not "full fibre" as that turns up as a fibre not on copper.

Full Fibre needs a physical installation so your landlord will need to agree and be involved in how the installation is done.

If you have one line done, it won't impact the other one.

If a shared line was upgraded then it might be adequate for everyone.

Note that a full fibre install with Plusnet will cease any phone line on the copper line which might influence the choice of line to upgrade.

I am the satisfied customer....
sirgoulas
Hooked

The 2 current lines are fibre to the cabinet. There is copper coming from the top of my door connected to master socket. From there there are 2 separate cables for 2 completely separate connections, one leading to house router and the other one to my room. Will the engineer tinker with master socket? I would like the other connection to not be affected at all. What do you mean by saying that a full fibre install with Plusnet will cease any phone line on the copper line? Meaning they will remove the copper altogether and consequently disable 1 line? 

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

An upgrade to an FTTC line to FTTP will cease the phone, a new FTTP install under new username will not.

In both cases you would loose any Plusnet email account.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@nitram  From what I have read on the forum an upgrade to FTTP does not remove any email account or other add-ons, only the phone line and number.

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sorry, my mistake

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Yeah you wouldn't lose email accounts because all we are doing is upgrading the account and not removing it. If we were closing the account that would be a different story.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team