Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light

FIXED
Lee9
Hooked

Orange light

So yesterday all internet working fine. Wake up today solid orange light on hub one router..

I check the admin page and it's defaulted my account username back to setup@plusdsl.net so I enter the correct admin details and when connecting just says I'm not connected to the internet

I factory reset it and noticed the internet does connect as the light goes solid blue for a minute then orange, after reset I set up again with default admin password and even tried resetting password but router still won't connect to the internet.

I tried it in the test socket, same issue. I've read plenty of forum posts about this. My firmware says it was last updated 2017...can the firmware be updated on the router?

Had it lost sync with the exchange? Is the router at fault? Plus net support think it's a wiring issue. Bit bizarre seeing it was all fine yesterday.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: Orange light

Did you get the Hub Ones from us, or somewhere else? If the latter, it could be that the original owner has cancelled their account which will 'cease' the device in our management platform and potentially revert you back to the default setup login?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Lee9
Hooked

It was from yourselves when the previous router broke, now in the admin page it just constantly trying to connect
Lee9
Hooked

It has the red broadband light which would suggest it's an authentication issue, is my details not authenticating on your system
Lee9
Hooked

Hub firmware version shows last updated August 2017...does this need updating
Lee9
Hooked

I tried a different router and the broadband just flashes green and dal connection down, I suspect my router is not in sync with the exchange....does that need an engineer visit?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@Lee9 wrote:
It was from yourselves when the previous router broke, now in the admin page it just constantly trying to connect

Thanks. My confusion came from the fact that you've posted in the ADSL section when you actually have an FTTC/Fibre service.

@Lee9 wrote:
It has the red broadband light which would suggest it's an authentication issue, is my details not authenticating on your system

You're using an incorrect password. I can see failed password authentication errors in our RADIUS logs.

@Lee9 wrote:
Hub firmware version shows last updated August 2017...does this need updating

The firmware can't be updated remotely if you're not online.

@Lee9 wrote:
I tried a different router and the broadband just flashes green and dal connection down, I suspect my router is not in sync with the exchange....does that need an engineer visit?

You are in sync, although there have been a number of initialisations recently, perhaps you rebooting the router in a bid to fix things?

I don't believe you do need an engineer visit, and I'm a little surprised to see that somebody already seems to have raised a fault to our supplier on your behalf Huh

sync.JPG

I would suggest you try factory resetting your router by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green.

If you then leave it 10-15 minutes or so, hopefully things will come back on their own accord.

That should also take care of the firmware update within a day or too as well.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Lee9
Hooked

I've already done a factory reset which I believe resets the router password back to what the default is? And that let's me in the initial account details password box, then it takes me to the screen where it shows me which email is set up for the account which shows correct..

I've even changed the password which gets accepted but each time I hit that connect button nothing happens, if I was putting in a bad password when it comes to logging into router interface it would come up incorrect password.

When I leave it 10-15 mins after factory reset the light just goes back to orange and when I log into router admin page and click connect nothing happens.
Lee9
Hooked

After doing another factory request it's now working! Can you mark my fault logged as resolved on your system? I think they were going to send an engineer but it's no longer requurdd8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Will do. Glad to hear you're up and running again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team