Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Trial Fitted

manclad44
Dabbler

New Trial Fitted

Just wanted to add some feedback,
Had the Bt engineer today , fitted quite quickly and put me a new Bt box on my wall cos my old one was not in good condition.
He had to check with a colleague for some settings as he had not fiited a Plusnet modem before .He seemed to think that it was strange to have a modem and separate router and he thinks this should be combined at some point.
All fitted in a few mins and tested , was working straight away with only thing for me to do was encrypt the Wireless network.
Not sure if I have done this correctly though until I can check it with a wireless laptop.the router login doesnt really tell you that its encrypted when you put your passwrod in.
Here is my current speed test:

At moment pleased with the outcome. Wink
Rob

4 REPLIES 4
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: New Trial Fitted

Excellent, glad it all went ok. For the wireless, if you log in to the router there's a wireless settings menu where you can set the wireless encryption (choose WPA + WPA2) and set the password and that should be it on the router then just use that on the PC.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
manclad44
Dabbler

just done another speed test tonight after re-booting both modem and router.
manclad44
Dabbler

This is my Third day and the speed is dropping down. not sure why?
had to reboot modem and router tonight cos speed was only 5 mb.
this is the result after reboot
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You will see wide variations in speed at times due to contention on the BT network and whether there is anyone else on FTTC on your cabinet.
Because the speeds are much higher than normal ADSL any small issues on the network will show up in a larger drop in speed. Also may speed testers show erratic results as they were never designed to handle the speeds we are now on  - I've had speeds of over 100Mbs with Speedtest.net!