cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from BT to Plusnet

NQY-ROBBO

Re: Move from BT to Plusnet

Hi James
The WAN cable is the one issued by PlusNet from the box the router came in. I can confirm it is CAT5.E as is the yellow Ethernet cable which is connected to a powerline adapter. However when the Speed test was performed the Laptop was plugged directly into the router via Ethernet.
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

@NQY-ROBBO The red cable looks quite twisted from the picture so do you have another to try? Also would you be able to completely unplug both ends of the powerline adapters and run another speed test over ethernet?  As the powerline adapters has a DHCP server it's not too unrealistic that it could be routing information incorrectly around the network. just unplugging them will confirm they have nothing to do with it.

So I can help you further please let me know all of the below;

Please confirm that you have tried another red ethernet cable? - Yes/no

Please confirm that you have rebooted the ONT? - Yes/no

Please confirm that you have reset the router? - Yes/no

Please confirm that you have run a speed test over ethernet whilst both powerline adapters are unplugged from the power and the router? Yes/no

Thanks 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 86

@James30 

As the powerline adapters has a DHCP server it's not too unrealistic that it could be routing information incorrectly around the network

I'm not sure this claim stands up without knowledge of the type of powerline adapters which are being used. DHCP servers would be more likely associated with a remote wireless access point at the remote end of a powerline pair.

Edit: agree any speedtest should be performed when connected wired directly to the Hub