Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Latest on FTTP?

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@bmc  You should have aimed your post at @probedb who would like to get FTTP, @ciderboy  already has it.😊

Sorry about that.

Brian

probedb
Rising Star

Thanks for the replies. I'm happy to wait for a few months as that was my plan anyway. BT still aren't showing it as available for me, only Zen and Cuckoo give me the option. Happy to go to BT temporarily.

bmc
Hero

@probedb 

Who is supplying the FTTP? Your answer suggests it may be CityFibre in which case most ISP's who use the OpenReach wont be available. Zen Internet is one of the few who have signed a wholesale deal with CF.

Brian

probedb
Rising Star

I assume OR, it was OR that sent me the email saying it was available 🙂
bmc
Hero

@probedb 

If it's OR, then availablity should appear is the checker mentioned in post #119.

If it's appearing in the checker (as WBC FTTP) then any ISP who uses the OR network for FTTP should have it listed.

Brian

dgp
Rising Star

Should being the operative word. It can take the ISPs a few weeks to update their systems.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

@bmc wrote:

If it's OR, then availablity should appear is the checker mentioned in post #119.

That assumes OR know what that they are doing. At one point OR told me in one email that it was "Good News" and that ultra-fast high speed broadband was coming soon to my area, and in another told me that there were no plans to offer ultra-fast high speed broadband in my area.

damianmcr
Grafter

I can get FTTP but no other ISP other than BT shows it available. I called TalkTalk once and they confirmed I could get it but their online checker says I can't.
bmc
Hero

@damianmcr 

While it's probable that the checker records haven't been updated there is an outside chance of an address mis-match on hte OR system. To check -

Login to your PlusNet account and view the address registered with PlusNet.

Use the address version of the Checker - enter post code only and select your address from the drop down list.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Check your address on the Post Office database.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address

If all 3 are the same then there's no problem.

Brian

donka
Grafter

I was the same re: TalkTalk. Online said I couldn't but called them and there is a separate FTTP team that dealt with it all. Installed late last year and been rock solid for the year.

probedb
Rising Star

I'll leave it for a while. OR email says I can now get FTTP. Zen and Cuckoo both says I can get it and show options. BT and Sky checkers don't show it as available. BT Wholesale checker doesn't show it either, but that says last check was last check date was 16th Nov so not sure what any of it means now.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@probedb Is your area cabled up for FTTP?

John
probedb
Rising Star

According to the email I got this week from Openreach. I signed up to be notified as it was coming 2021/2022. It says it's now available.

probedb
Rising Star

My phone number says one thing, my address says another on the wholesale checker...sigh....

Do they have to put a new line in to the property for FTTP?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@probedb No, no new line, but if your area is ready for it, they will have laid a preliminary cable to your front door - or roughly wherever your normal phone cable comes in.

John