cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PlusNet ever going to properly launch FTTP

herbiehopkins

Re: Is PlusNet ever going to properly launch FTTP

@bmc wrote:

I know you can move without penalty from PlusNet to BT / EE to get FTTP but that's all.

Where can I find more info on this? I know EE offer to compensate up to £50 for termination fees but it looks as though my termination fee would be more than this. Or do plusnet not charge a termination fee if moving to EE FTTP.

I stupidly recontracted with plusnet in December not realising FTTP was going to be available in my area. BT wholesale checker now says it is and I'd like to make use of this if I can.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

@herbiehopkins 

As previously posted by staff here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Is-a-FTTP-trial-negotiated-discount-still-...

If you renew your contract and you'd like to upgrade to FTTP we'll allow you to leave your existing contract without termination fees, if you move to BT or EE for the service. We'd though just ask you call us on 0800 013 2632 to arrange. 

I believe that Customer options will make a note on your account to waive ETC's and put you through to either EE or BT sales as requested.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

herbiehopkins

@MisterW wrote:

I believe that Customer options will make a note on your account to waive ETC's and put you through to either EE or BT sales as requested.

Perfect, thanks for the info.

DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Full FTTP has been available at my address for some months now. I know I can transfer to BT without penalty, customer services told me that when I renewed my contract last September. The reason I moved rom BT all those years ago was because they were expensive, un reliable and Customer Services was abysmal, on top of that my phone would ring once at 21:10 pm every night. I rung them to complain and they said it was an automatic line check from the exchange, it stopped for a week and then started again at 04:15 am. So I am loathed to go to back to BT. It was bad enough having to go back to sky when P/N got rid of Youview.

So when is Plusnet going to offer FTTP? I was told told the end of 2021 by Customer Services, it is now 2022 and rampaging towards February. Are we going to have to head to BT/EE or sky which lets face it no sane person would contemplate unless it was the only option.

dgp
Rising Star

Lots of us are asking the same question. Latter half of this year apparently. https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/01/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-confirm-fttp-to-launch-later-....

72637AA7-73B4-4C13-A39B-C51C44FAD9A1.jpeg

pmkelly

Thank you.

I give up.

It's never going to happen!!

BT are probably quite happy the way things are. As long as people are switching from PlusNet to BT or EE they are winning.

BT probably reckon that the few they lose are worth it.

I suspect PlusNet as a brand is finished or it will be relegated to the absolute lowest end of the market.
It's quite sad really. When they were independent, BT couldn't touch PlusNet for service etc.

pmkelly

I think that is BTs cunning plan.

Cmoffatt

Many moons ago i signed up for a trial beta version of the FTTP which ive had for ages now but recently found out that plusnet do not support it but ive been informed after several times this has been put back but hopefully eventually they will start. Ive have now gone to BT until they start the support then ill be back.

hang on in there

Stevieag
Hooked

I'm off to Vodafone.
500 with mobile modem backup and extender hub plus VoIP.
£32
Gutted as been with PN for a very long time and love um
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Cmoffatt 

PlusNet do support users currently on the FTTP Trial but only via the FTTP Trial Forum. Many / most support agents do not know about the Trial as it is not part of the main PlusNet core system.

Due to the way it was set up you cannot upgrade / downgrade / sign an extended contract as the bodges used to get people up and running no longer work.

Brian

SamX
Dabbler

PN had an inherent option to put FTTP trial customers on contract per-month prices but they have now removed it intentionally. This allows them to charge non-contract prices by saying that contract is not available to FTTP trial customers.

I have been on PN FTTP trial for so long because I have had static IP with it. BT Business charges a monthly fee. I noticed just now that TalkTalk Business are offering static IP 76Mb for £5 less. There is absolutely no reason to stick to PN now.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Except they’ve launched the fttp product for existing customers?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
DaveCW
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

As Plusnet won't offer a phone package with full fibre, I have reluctantly decided to move to BT as they do offer landline along with FTTP. I should be connected on the 24th. When I spoke to Plusnet to advise I wanted to move for the above reason. I asked that I keep email only perhaps for a month to get everything swapped across to the new address when I get it (apparently I can't set up a BT ID and an email address until my package is activated). Plusnet said no and they don't do email only! Is this correct? Surely there must be some leeway? Changing everything is already a pain, but this just makes it more difficult as I will potentially miss some important emails.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@DaveCW Up to a couple of months ago, you could request a 'mail only' account, but as I suspect Plusnet want to totally ditch the email service, this ability was withdrawn, effective from 24/04/22 IIRC.Closing an account literally destroys all the components.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@DaveCW wrote:

I asked that I keep email only perhaps for a month to get everything swapped across to the new address when I get it (apparently I can't set up a BT ID and an email address until my package is activated). Plusnet said no and they don't do email only! Is this correct? Surely there must be some leeway? Changing everything is already a pain, but this just makes it more difficult as I will potentially miss some important emails.

Perhaps set up a non-ISP email service, that when when moving in future you don't need to worry about having to do it all again.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'