Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down yet again!!

drFishFlan
Grafter

Internet down yet again!!

Sorry for the slight rant.

I was previously on the FTTP trial form years ago - then a few years ago I was switched to a standard package while still using fibre (great value!). Then I was moved onto a proper fibre package about a month ago after 5 days with no service - all accounts like mine had been incorrectly setup (apparently) and it took the staff 5 days to figure this out (An engineer spent a morning with us for no reason at all as it was an account problem)

Since then I have had solid internet again although paying more for my fibre package.

Then on Thursday our internet started to drop out (this has also happened previously) for a few seconds at a time.. obviously this caused serious issues for me WFH on teams calls.

Then yesterday/Friday we lost internet completely around 5pm (not sure the exact time) and I still have no internet now.

After years of a solid service recently I have been very disappointed, hopefully they can get it resolved today but after the last time I have my doubts.

Are others having issues or is this just me?

4 REPLIES 4
drFishFlan
Grafter

Re: Internet down yet again!!

Spoke to support, can't get an engineer out until Monday morning now. I assume someone has made some adjustments to the fibre junction down the road again. There are often engineers working on the junction (not always from open reach).

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry for all the issues with your connection. I can see an engineer attended yesterday, how are things looking since then?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drFishFlan
Grafter

Still down - Engineer confirmed my suspicion that another engineer must have inadvertently broken our optical connection. Second engineer was supposed to come yesterday to fix the optical connection but did not turn up. BT Open Reach will not talk to me directly and rang Plusnet support yesterday but they said they could not contact BT themselves to get more information about when the engineer will arrive.

Hopefully the engineer will arrive today and fix it.

Its been down since Friday afternoon now which I causing us serious disruption in terms of kids school work and me WFH.

I am also concerned that if he comes out to fix that another engineer will break it again in the future.

drFishFlan
Grafter

Engineer just arrived. Fingers crossed he can get it fixed.