Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre post install issues

FIXED
richminust
Hooked

Full fibre post install issues

Full fibre 300mbps was installed yesterday (upgrade from unlimited fibre). I have the following issues:
Speed limited to 90mbps - wired test (estimate 300-330)
I’ve lost my static/fixed IP address
Hub two router hasn’t arrived (using hub one)

The package switch looks to be complete and I’ve rebooted the router this morning hoping it would pick up the new details but with no effect. Can someone please help/advise? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
richminust
Hooked

Re: Full fibre post install issues

Edit. Checked again after reboot and static IP is back but other issue(s) remain.
richminust
Hooked

Edit. Wired connection from computer reporting 300mbps speed. Seems my Google mesh system which is hard wired is only reporting 90mbps in the Google Home app test, probably a limit on the device.

Still missing my hub two though Wink
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

@richminust - the hub was ordered late last night so I expect it will be with you tomorrow (it's sent using first class mail). I've asked that somebody look into why it was not dispatched in time.

Regarding the speed from your mesh system, how are things hardwired? - i.e. what's plugged in where? - and using what cables?

AFAIK, the Google Wi-Fi/Nest units do have gigabit ethernet ports, but you will still need to ensure that you're using at least CAT-5e grade ethernet cabling (*not* Cat-5) and avoiding any network equipment with 10/100 ethernet ports along the way. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

richminust
Hooked

Thanks for the reply Bob, I have now received a text regarding delivery of the hub.

Thank you for also pointing me in the right direction re the speed. I've replaced the cable between the hub and the Google Wifi primary node and now getting the expected speeds.