Did you mean: 

Full fibre and phone line help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Full fibre and phone line help

@bmc @MisterW 

Sorry yeah modifying an existing FTTP asset shouldn’t place a cease against the copper line. 

After the contract renewal is begun, these types of orders are placed manually from what I’ve seen. The order completion triggers the account change to automatically complete to the relevant Full Fibre product.

So in essence it is automatic but the system just currently needs a bit of a push to upgrade an FTTP trial account. 

If we were to however upgrade an FTTC/ADSL to FTTP then this triggers a cease against the copper phone line whether that’s provided by us or another provider. In both instances, a notification would be sent similar to the notification you’d get when moving providers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

So it appears I was right but for the wrong reasons!!!

Oh well, such is life.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Thanks for the explanation Anoush.

My concern was that FTTP trials accounts are set basically as FTTC products but with an FTTP asset provisioned and that the automated systems may see the FTTC account type when upgrading.

Seems my concern was misplaced and that the system can handle it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, it was a reasonable assumption, but our systems would basically just fail to place the order and once we have placed the order, it’d handle the notifications in the same way as a new FTTP provide. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

If I did decide to cancel my landline service with BT and just have the FTTP from the trial or maybe upgrade to a faster speed I realise I would lose my number and line, but would cancelling my BT contract myself cause any problems with my existing FTTP Plusnet fibre connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you upgrade your existing FTTP service, we won’t cancel your phone line with BT. Similarly if you cancel your line this won’t affect your FTTP with us. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf 

Thanks

OH has gone from not wanting to lose phone number to decided we don't need it, will cancel BT and consider the options.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha cool Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

OH has gone from not wanting to lose phone number to decided we don't need it

@Hobo if you want to hedge your bets, then open a free Sipgate basic account and port your number to that. Ok. it will cost you £30 to port but there are no ongoing charges.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wyrdfish
Hooked

If you offered me BT instead so we can keep the phone number, would I have to pay a cancellation fee? I still have 12 months on my adsl contract.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@wyrdfish 

If you speak to PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 they'll waive any early termination charges and transfer you to a BT bod to place the order.

You do however lose any PlusNet e-mail accounts you have.

Brian

archi3020

So if i want to keep home phone number i can transfer to voip provider and loose my plusnet account so then loose email and domai. So I may as well start with getting domain transfered domain registrar and then tranfer number to voip provider and loose plusnet account and so plusnet loose a customer.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@archi3020, I'm sorry things have worked out that way, it must be a bit of a wrench when all you want to do is move to a full fibre service. Please shout up if you need any support transferring your domains over.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team