Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Wow - that's quite a lengthy problem!
Very poor updates from Plusnet there. I would have thought the issue would be quite simple to fix - if the fibre to your property is damaged, they blow it out and blow new fibre to the DP/splitter.
Btw...You'll need to edit/remove the names of the Plusnet staff.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: AndyH
Btw...You'll need to edit/remove the names of the Plusnet staff.

I've reported this so the names apart from mine have been removed...
Hi jamsey66, I'd have thought that this would have been resolved by now, my apologies for this.
I am in contact with our suppliers now but I've pretty much been on hold for 25 minutes. I'll update this post shortly.

Update:
I have just left you a voicemail, and will update ticket: 87605062
Sorry I haven't been able to pick this up myself recently. I'll make sure you receive according updates from this point onwards.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bit like calling Plusnet support then  Grin Grin
jamsey66
Rising Star

Thanks Matt, picked up your voicemail, I'll try and give you a call tomorrow, signal at work a bit hit and miss
Kind Regards
James
Packer
Dabbler

Hi. I'm posting here because I'm not sure how else to progress my FTTP install...
I'm in the process of having this set up but the last I heard from plusnet they were waiting for BT to do the install.
I have a support ticket open for this (#88589965) but the last comment from Plusnet was on 26th August and despite multiple further queries from me I've not had any replies since then.
Can anyone reading this help me?
Thx
active8
Grafter

I am moving to a new housing development next month and BT has put in FTTP and is activating in December - will Plusnet support this?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi active8.
Not as it stands. If we were to make the trial available again, then we will let you know.
My apologies for the inconvenience caused.
thomjo
Dabbler

Not sure anyone still reading this topic. Was part of trial a number of years back.  Still on trial speed of c100Mbps. Wondered if same level of service would continue if I changed the underlying package that I have? (I'm on an old package limited to 60Gb/month)
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'd say you've been lucky. I was on the trial for a few years in my old house but my speed had been reduced. Some of the newer packages are unlimited but you'd probably have to take a lower speed. To be honest I'm not seeing a noticeable degradation going from 100mbps to 38 - there's more to speed than the last mile.
My experience is the new speed is still plenty but the unlimited usage is really useful.
Brace yourself for changing packages though because PN service is error prone and they just don't get customer service so if anything goes wrong expect to waste hours waiting for the understaffed call centre or getting responses that don't answer the questions of you contact online.
Nobody there has ever heard of John Selfridge and the customer is presumed wrong until the succeed in defeating the arrogance.
thomjo
Dabbler

Thanks for the advice barnyandpippa
The price gap between current package and unlimited fibre at 76Mbps is negligible, but the upgrade route not entirely clear from the web pages and not sure I like the sound of the consequences if/when it goes wrong.
I'll maybe hold off a while and tell the better half to watch a bit less on Netflix.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thomjo,
I've just spoke with someone in our products team. I can change you to unlimited and keep the speeds if you're interested?
Matty
thomjo
Dabbler

Thanks for the offer Matty, much appreciated and I'll take you up on it.
What do you need me to do?
thomjo
Dabbler

Hi Matty
Wondered if you'd missed my response?  Yes please, if you're able to arrange that I'd be very interested.
Thanks
thomjo