Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP potential timing

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

FTTP potential timing

Hi for what it's worth while discussing potential extension / renewal for my current FTTC contract with customer services - the carrot of FTTP being introduced "around about april" was mentioned  by customer services  - so it apprears they are at least aware thats it's on it's way albiet slowly..

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP potential timing

FTTP is definitely on its way and should be this year. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hello

Like many PlusNet customers I was pleased to see the announcement last year (!) that FTTP was coming especially as  O/R were running fibre right past my front door.

My adsl speeds have definitely dropped in recent months so as I sit here only 10 ft away from full fibre I am hopeful that PN will launch a good FTTP offering soon (?).

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Gandalf,

I hope that Plusnet have put some thought into communicating with all the remaining FTTP trialists about what is going to happen to us.

Not everyone will come on to this forum to see what is happening and it would be nice to know how we are to be moved from a trial product to a commercial one. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m not close to the development, but there’s no difference in our own systems between those on the FTTP trial and those on FTTC. What distinguishes you from FTTC customers is the service itself and the trial terms. 

Once we’ve brought out a full product, I’d expect you should be able to downgrade, upgrade and/or recontract. Something we generally have issues with currently. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Gandalf 

Thank you for the prompt reply. Looking forward to see the commercial offerings.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yup absolutely. We're looking forward to it as well over here. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet