cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP installed yesterday but no change in speed at all!

FIXED
ezman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

FTTP installed yesterday but no change in speed at all!

Hi, I got Fibre 500 installed yesterday and received an email to say all sorted 4 hours later but speeds are pretty much exactly the same as on FTTC prior so around 60 down 20 up. 
Have called plusnet who are looking into it but wondering if there is anything I can do or anyone who has had a similar experience?

9 REPLIES 9
RHines
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: FTTP installed yesterday but no change in speed at all!

Have you rebooted your router since getting the confirmation email yet?

ezman
Hooked

Yes, probably about ten times!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

At a very quick glance, things look OK at our side. Your line is definitely provisioned on the 550/75 service and the speed profiling etc. looks to be OK at the Plusnet end.

How are you testing speeds? Wired or wireless, and what device are you using to test from?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ezman
Hooked

Hi, multiple devices - mac, windows, mobile - wired and wireless - speed tests on all devices - always around 60mbps down and 20mbps up.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Your router is connected to the ONT and not still plugged into the telephone socket?

Sorry, but sometimes it has to be asked!

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Good point @Mustrum , although technically, according to what's been posted recently, the FTTC service from PN is ceased and can't be allowed to run in parallel with FTTP, which is what many punters have been asking for so they could port their landline numbers to VoIP.  I guess there could be an exception to the rule though.

Edit:  typo

ezman
Hooked

Fix

Ok, I've rebooted the ONT again and all seems fine now! Not sure what happened and if a coincidence or what, getting expected speeds though so this is all sorted. thanks for your help all.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@RobPN 

A neighbour of mine moved house last month and had to transfer from FTTP (on the Trial)  to FTTC (even though she only moved about a mile!!!).

The switch happened on a Monday as planned (though no router turned up and when it did it was another Hub1). On Tuesday her FTTP was still working (sale wasn't until Wednesday) though when she took her Hub1 with her and plugged it in on Tuesday night FTTC was working.

I just wonder if the FTTP first connection (or FTTC in this case) is what triggers the account change.

Brian

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@bmc 

ISTR that at the time I joined the FTTP trial (2015) the ADSL connections were left in place and running for 24 hours just in case there were any problems getting the FTTP enabled, so some overlap between two connections on the same account seems to have been possible back then.