Did you mean: 

FTTP fault - AGAIN!!!

FIXED
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

FTTP fault - AGAIN!!!

Typing on my phone again ...

I'm not a happy bunny tonight. My FTTP connection has failed yet again with what appears to be the same BBVR problem as before.
It won't connect using my PN login credentials but will connect with the test user login.
I find it hard to believe (well I don't actually) the incompetence of whichever dept of BT/OR is responsible if the cause is indeed the same as before.
I think @Gandalf is off duty until 4th October so is there any other staffer who is able to prod BT please?
4 REPLIES 4
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Re: FTTP fault - AGAIN!!!

After no connection all weekend I had an OR visit scheduled for the 8 am -1 pm slot today, although I didn't receive a confirmation email of that from CS which seemed unusual.

Nobody actually came to the house but my connection came back up at 10:45 am.

With two outages in less than two weeks presumably caused by the same (BBVR) mis-configuration in BT Wholesales system, I'm not filled with confidence that it won't happen again.

And whilst I may not be entitled to compensation (as mentioned in my previous fault thread) surely I'm entitled to at least a pro-rata refund for the seven days affected by the two BT 'cockerel'-ups?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Fix

Hi Rob,

I'm really sorry to see your broadband stopped working over the weekend. 

I don't think there's anything to suggest this downtime was caused by the same thing as last time. I've spoken with my colleague in BT's complex faults team and he says they believe they fixed the records for everybody last Friday. 

Obviously they're keeping their ear close to the ground to make sure that this is completely sorted. 

By my reckoning and feel free to dispute my calculation, the total downtime was 5 days so as a gesture of goodwill, I've added a pro-rata credit to cover the subscription fees you've paid during this time. I've also applied an additional credit for the missed engineer visit in line with Ofcom's scheme https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/

I can't see what caused this second issue but hopefully that's the last of it.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Gandalf 

Hi Anoush

Thanks for your concern and for crediting my account.  Thumbs_Up

I'm not going to argue about your judgment over the number of days refunded, but I wasn't trying to pull a fast one as I was referring to "days affected" which was seven;  Wink

[From memory;

Outage 1 from just after 4 am on the Monday to approx 3:30 pm on the Wednesday - 3 days affected.

Outage 2 from approx 9 pm on the Friday to 10:45 am on the Monday - 4 days affected.]

My annoyance is not really about the money, it's aimed more at BT causing repeated outages to a physically more robust and reliable system by their software settings errors.

As there seems no way of seeing what caused the second outage perhaps we'll never know, but the symptoms at my end this time were exactly the same as the time before.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi Rob, thanks for getting back to me. No worries, I don't believe either outages you've had were intentional. For the first one ultimately there was a problem which everybody involved worked hard to resolve. Smiley

I haven't counted Friday or Monday in my calculation, because from what I can see it looks like your connection stopped working late at night and came back on almost first thing yesterday morning.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet