cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial upgrade

pmg
Grafter

FTTP Trial upgrade

I'm currently still on the FTTP trial (36Mb) l. I also have a copper landline that is with BT.

I understand from previous discussions, that upgrading to the Full Fibre option (say 74Mb) that i would not lose my landline.

Could you also confirm that, in upgrading, i wouldn't lose my email account with you.

Thanks

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: FTTP Trial upgrade

@pmg 

As you're on the Trial you're best to get a staff member to walk you through the process. The best wizard for the job unfortunately leaves the media support group today for another department - he will be missed.

It would also be preferably (perhaps necessary) to move your phone line to a VOIP provider before upgrading if your phone number is important to you. Once again you need staff help to ensure your account doesn't get cancelled in the process.

By upgrading you don't lose your e-mail or any other add ons you may have.

Brian

pmg
Grafter

As Gandalf previously said "As you already have FTTP with us, upgrading to a full fibre product won't touch your copper line with BT" i think i should be good to upgrade. Just wanted to make sure.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@pmg 

The wizard has moved on from the media support team.

As your'e on the Trial you really need to get one of the current staff members to monitor your upgrade as the PN system isn't the most reliable. It's been known for an upgrade from the Trial to cancel an account as the Billing system thinks it's an account closure - the system thinks your'e on an FTTC account due to the bodges used to set up people on the Trial.

Brian

pmg
Grafter

OK, thanks for the update