cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Trial Speed Issues

spuddie007

FTTC Trial Speed Issues

Hi All
I've already raised a ticket on my account but seem to be getting nowhere with my issues, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction or give me any further advice?
I switched on to the FTTC trial on 23rd August 2010, on the Elstree exchange with an estimated speed of 23mb down and 11mb up, when the BT engineer installed the new face plate, he was getting a 40mb down speed on his widgety gadgety box, and 20mb up, he showed me this clearly on his screen.
I left the line to settle for a number of days, it would reach 7-8mb up and 6-7mb down.
Since then, it has increased slightly, to 11mb down and around 9mb upload. I'm obviously quite disappointed in this speed, given that I am quite literally within 100m of the exchange, I can see it from my living room window it's that close. Does it seem that bandwidth is being throttled? An issue with the routers?
I am getting zero response from customer service, the tickets have been going since the install, and have had very little feedback.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Ps my speeds are no faster than the standard ADSL I was on before, so don't actually see any benefit at this stage.
Cheers
Spuddie
9 REPLIES 9
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTC Trial Speed Issues

Hi Spuddie,
It looks like speeds are below the BT minimum so as per my call we'll run some diagnostics on the line and see what we can find out once you're back online. Let me know how things go.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
spuddie007

Cheers Dave.
That should be later today so I will let you know.
Thanks Smiley
spuddie007

Hi Dave
Am back up after resetting the box and connected.
Just ran another speed test and it's coming up as per the image below, which has lietrally doubled in download speed since the last test on Saturday. Am guessing you've done something since we spoke, so thank you!!!
Spudddie
spuddie007

Hi Dave
Sorry, just ran a new test, it's gone back down!!
See below.
Spuddie
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Be interesting to see if that goes back up again today, if it's higher outside of 8pm to 11pm which is generally the busiest time of day it could be the local area being very busy. Let me know what you see today.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
spuddie007

Hi Dave
Have also added this to the ticket too but have run the BT speedtest on the line, didn't go to the next step as I left my LAN cable at work stupidly!!
Interesting reading.
Spuddie
spuddie007

Hi
I managed to run a speed test before 8pm today, on my own username, but when I tried the generic speedtest@speedtest_domain username the connection died and I can't reconnect due to the network issues today.
Will post you an update Dave when I get back online ok.
Cheers
SB
spuddie007

Hi
Another speedtest just run on my own username (the speedtest@speedtest_domain logon simply won't work), this was run before 8pm 'peak', and speeds are staggeringly low compared to those quoted on the line, upload rate higher than download again.
Have also added this to the open ticket 😞
Spuddie
bluewhale
Rising Star

hi dave,
is it worth me raising a ticket on this too?
as i am seeing the same sort of very slow in the evening issue too.
I'm now on pro and so i'm paying extra for this service ompared to the throttled versions, but want to know will there be a refund if we have the same defacto throtling happening even on pro...
cheers
pete