cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Trial - 3 Days In - Status Report

G3YBO
Grafter

Re: FTTC Trial - 3 Days In - Status Report

Ok thanks for info.....Sorry that there are problems with your system......I am now a Plusnet member and should be on their
system soon.....My cabinet is 10m and pole fed.....My master socket is a new unit fitted by BT, one socket is for ADSL and the
second is phone.....BT fitted a 10m feed from the master socket to my main router....So looks good....
Regards
Roger
phil_o99
Dabbler

Hi Roger,
BT have now responded to PlusNet with an estimate of £28K-30K to replace the aluminium cabling which feeds our corner of the estate.
There are no immediate plans to proceed with the work, so it looks like 13 Meg down 2 Meg up will be the best we can expect for some time.
Much better than ADSL, but very frustrating to know that premises 100 metres away (crow fly, not cable length) fed by the same cabinet are getting 25 Meg plus.
Merry!
Phil
G3YBO
Grafter

Ok Phil and thanks info..............My speed is still low but working.......FTTC is due at end of december and new green box
is outside my house 10m away.......So hope this will get a better show than what I have now.....
Have a good christmas
Roger