Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection speed dramatically dropped

louisykc
Hooked

Connection speed dramatically dropped

Hi Admins et al

The router is rebooting on average everyday from last Saturday (11/12) and I've gone from a downstream of 65 to 8.7mbps download speed, 15 to 0.3mbps upload speed - which I believe is much below the handback threshold for the line.

Would it be possible for someone to look into this? Reboots happen when you least need them and the download speed is to the point of painful. I think the problem is due to the cable outside.

Many thanks in advance!

Louis

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Connection speed dramatically dropped

Welcome to the forums, @louisykc Certainly sounds like you have an issue. Any chance you could post the Help Desk tab from your Hub, although it  may only tell us what we already know? I know you have posted the Ookla speed test, but could you also post the 'Advanced Diagnostics from BTW Performance Tester , as that is the official speed-tester?

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

louisykc
Hooked

Now use official speed-tester, thanks.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @louisykc  - but could you do the same again, but report the 'Additional Diagnostics', please?

John
louisykc
Hooked

Thanks

jab1
Legend

You have just posted exactly the same message and data on the wrong board. Please run the BTW speed test again, but click the 'Additional Diagnostics' button on that screen, and report that - on this topic.

John
louisykc
Hooked

I test again and report, thanks

jab1
Legend

Cheers Louis.

That report makes very grim reading - I suspect you have a major problem which will need Plusnet Help Team intervention, but just to confirm, can I ask you for one last screenshot - of your Hub Help Desk page. The picture below should help you find it, but an questions, come back and ask.

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
louisykc
Hooked

Hub Help Desk screenshot

jab1
Legend

No, no,no, @louisykc - that picture I posted was to help you find your Help Desk, which should give us some detail. You need to log into your Hub and navigate to your Help Desk.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Thanks for your post @louisykc and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing a high resistance fault which is likely causing this, so we'd need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate further.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? 

If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet