Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still getting bills ?

maltloafs
Dabbler

Cancelled but still getting bills ?

Hi,
I'm asking this here as I know fttp is dealt with slightly differently so wanted the correct answer.
I was with Plusnet for fttp on the trial until mid December and only moved providers to get a higher speed.
Anyway, I placed the order with BT, they obviously notified yourselves as I had the sorry you're leaving text and email and my service with BT went live. Anyway today I have received a full bill, for the whole month. I thought I might have got a small bill for the changeover period but the portal says my next bill will be in February and still lists my products as live.

Can anyone help me straighten this out ?

Thank you,
Kevin
8 REPLIES 8
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Cancelled but still getting bills ?

PN Billing department has been in a mess for at least 2 years and there is little evidence it will improve soon.

Providing you are sure you do not owe them any money I would cancel your direct debit and keep copies of any emails that threaten you with court action.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
maltloafs
Dabbler

Thank you for the reply. I don't know what I owe as I'm not sure if bills are in arrears or in advance. I paid for a full month at the start of December. I expected a half bill this month. I don't really want to be cancelling my DD until I'm positive I'm fully paid up.

I've tweeted their help account too. Hopefully someone who can help will pick it up.

Kevin.
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@maltloafs wrote:
Can anyone help me straighten this out ?

In reality only Plusnet staff can sort out the mess that you are in. As you say, you have had the acknowledgment that you are leaving, so no excuse for the foul up. I do know that when I left I got a small final bill. Once that had been paid, I cancelled the DD. I then got a further email saying I should reinstate the DD! Yeah, sure. No chance.

FWIW, if you don't get anywhere with phoning etc (a lot of companies seem to be using Covid as an excuse for poor service), I tend to find that signed for, snail mail (in reality next day delivery) is usually the way to go and doesn't cost much. Keep copies etc. Works wonders.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
maltloafs
Dabbler

Thank you, I've just spoken to customer services who initially said it wasn't closed because I hadn't spoken to cancellations department (even though the email said I didn't need to do anything) then said there had been a delay in cancelling my account but was able to do it immediately on the phone, as I received emails while still speaking saying it had been cancelled he also thinks I'll be getting 1.5 months of payments back as I've overpaid ? Doesn't sound right to me but will see what happens.
maltloafs
Dabbler

Hi is there anyone here that can help with this ? I've just had a full bill taken despite leaving a whole month ago.

We can't do without this money !
Nothing has moved with my account, the portal says the same as it has for weeks. In process of closing.

Thank you.
Kevin
MrMot
Grafter

I'm having the same issue, having left late last year for faster speeds. I called PN and was told the account would be cancelled properly and a refund issued, hence not cancelling my direct debit. Guess what, another payment has been taken since.

The finger was pointed at myself for the account not cancelling properly as I hadn't been in touch to let them know. Strange as TT clearly notified them as I had the "sorry you're leaving" text along with a couple of emails to confirm my intent to leave..

maltloafs
Dabbler

Hi,

That's exactly what I had. I had an email from them saying that I didn't need to do anything else and my account would end on xxx date. When I called I was told that it hadn't closed because I hadn't spoken to cancellations (even though the email said I didn't need to do ANYTHING. 

Anyway, I logged into my account page a couple of weeks ago (2 full months since leaving) and it at last had a final 'bill' which was in credit by £41. I had no idea when I might get this or even how but I got a bank credit a week ago for this amount with the reference "DD refund".

I'm thinking that's probably it and I can safely cancel my direct debit but confidence is not high !

Good luck.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @maltloafs

Any refunds picked up as part of a final bill take around 30 days to process so that should reach you soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team