Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Quote from: marcyd
As I was on 37.5 - 8.1 before the trial so would have expected 65/70 ish

It doesn't work like that. On a 40/10 product you will get the maximum possible speed up to a certain distance from the cabinet (all other things being equal). On 80/20 you will get the maximum possible speed up to a shorter distance. At any particular distance, your speeds on either product will be the same, subject to the caps that are imposed by the product, 40/10 or 80/20. If you are near the distance limit for maximum speed on 40/10, you will see little or no improvement from 80/20.
Mocca
Grafter

Sadly after about 5/6 weeks of super stable speeds i'm now suffering from very low download speeds.
Anybody got any idea's, been like this all week
Profile is allso down as its showing 20mb Sad
timsheffield
Dabbler

Hi Dave I accept theT&C is it still possible to enter the FTTC 80/20 Trial
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: Mocca
Profile is also down as its showing 20mb Sad

Do you mean the BT IP Profile or the Plusnet "line speed"? If the latter then it should be 20Mb for everyone. Anyway, with speeds like that you should raise a fault if you haven't already.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've been waiting the last few weeks and can't decide whether to jump on to the trials?

Get on board! Smiley we don't have a fixed date for the end of the trial. At the end of the trial, unless you've asked to stay on an 80/20 product we'd change the connection back to it's previous state, i.e 40/2 40/10 FTTC depending on which of those services you had before.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mocca
Grafter

Everything seems tobe ok today, defo had a few days with issues though, strange.
And yes it was teh plusnet Profile that showed 20, strange allso as last time i looked about 3 weeks ago it was 70.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The Plusnet profile (current line speed) should definitely be 20 for all 80/20 trialists.
Did you try disconnecting/reconnecting the router when the speeds were low?  Odd it should fall so low for a significant time then return to 'normal'.  Possibly related to some of the recent maintenance?  What's your current connection time on the router?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
plaid

Hi all,
My connection should be being set to 80/20 at some point today.  I bought an HG612 (I like to have a spare modem knocking about) via Ebay that arrived last night which I promptly unlocked.  However, I wasn't sure what VPI/VCI, annex, plan, etc. to configure on it.  i've done some googling but couldn't find anything conclusive so could someone kindly list the important options I need to set.  I'll be connecting the modem to the Netgear router that Plusnet sent me initially and eventually I'll connected it to either an Ubuntu 12.04 or a pfSense VM and let the VM make the PPPoE connection.  From memory (I'm at work at the moment) the options I need to set are:

• VPI/VCI    (should this be 1/32?)

• Mode      (Bridged_IP?)

• Annex      (B?)

• VLAN      (101?)

There are probably some other settings that I've forgotten.
Once I've got the unlocked modem working I'll try and get those scripts running to pull some connection stats out of the modem and build some of those nice graphs. Smiley
Thanks,
Steve.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you unlock the modem it should already have all the correct settings.  Not sure if VPI/VCI actually matter for VDSL2, VLAN is definitely 101 and it uses Annex B.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
DuncanM
Grafter

I have been on 80/20 for about 5 weeks now. Previously on 40/10 since 24 February when I had speed test results of 36 down and 1.8 up. Now I am getting about about 50 down and 8 up. All tests via wired Ethernet.
BT ADSL checker says "Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 54.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 15.7Mbps."

BT speed test results are :
Download speedachieved during the test was - 46.29 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-54.1 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 54.1 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.43Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

I would have expected the upload to be a bit higher, possibly about 12 or 13 ? I occasionally reboot the router but the modem has never been been off since fibre was installed on 24 February. Would a modem reboot make any difference or is around 8 the best upload speed I can expect ?
KevinG
Rising Star

Try another speed tester for the upload speed, http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ is nice and quick and doesn't seem to restrict upload speed like some testers do.
DuncanM
Grafter

I have used all the speed test sites available. They all give similar results for up load. http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ gives me 9078 kbps. Is it possible my upload is restricted to 10 ?
momsieden
Dabbler

i thought i'd wait to post again until after the engineers visit but...
waited  over 5 hours for an engineer to come on saturday as per the appointment, he never showed up, so reported that back to PN and was told i'd get a call 1st thing in morning to rearrange, still waiting for that call,
my speeds are still getting lower dl well below 20 but up is round 6.5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@DuncanM
I've just placed an order that should hopefully remedy that tomorrow. Please let me know if not.
@momsieden
FYI we'll be in touch as soon as another appointment has been arranged. Sorry for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wardie2437
Dabbler

I'm quite happy with my speed on the 80/20 trial, now that I've got a hard-wired connection to my router and not wireless.
This was my latest speed test...