cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

livetag

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

I would love to take up the trial offer but I have a quick question.
I have managed to negotiate myself a nice package deal when my original FTTC trial contract ended. I am now on FTTC 40Meg down 10Meg up and am having a manual price adjustment applied monthly as the package I am on is not called Fibre Value or Extra. Will I revert to the package I have currently once the trial ends if I do not continue with the 80/20.
Many thanks for your time
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Cathotel
Just curious as to whether you get an email/text to say when the 80/20 trial is going to go live, or one after it's gone live?
Other than the ticket I raised yesterday I can't find the trial details on the main site but I'm sure that's down to me Smiley
Looking forward to 'mine' ..

We'll reply to your ticket when the order gets placed, the order will then normally complete in the early hours of the next working day. A couple of the ones I placed on Monday didn't get done until Wednesday morning (think I was a bit too late in the evening getting them placed).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
conorandlucy
Dabbler

Hi
I've logged a ticket to go on the trial too.
Conor
Bazza
Grafter

Hi
I raised  a ticket Tuesday morning hoping to join the trial.  Cheesy
Barry
paulpicks21
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Quote from: JEB
^^^^
Glad it is working for you guys.  I'm still capped at 40/10 notwithstanding the considerably higher sync 😞
@dave - the router you have kindly provided has arrived in this morning's post.  How do you want me to feedback my thoughts / any problems with the router?  Via these forums / private message?

Got a call with BT about the speed shortly as I've seen another that's the same.
For the router forums is perfecting fine for feedback, maybe worth a new thread. We're using ZyXEL NBG4604s at the moment but will be looking at trialling other routers later on.

Is that the router I am getting Dave? It's currently sat at my local royal mail depot as I was out when it turned up. I will pick it up on the way to work in the morning.
Cheers
Paul.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Paul,
just thought I'd dive in as I'm handling the ordering for the 80/20 trial, I've checked your account and yes, its a ZyXEL NBG4604s.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cathotel
Grafter

@Dave,
Sorry to be a pain but from some of the replies there seems to be a little bit of confusion and two ways of requesting the trial, which hopefully you could clarify?
In your original post you said all we had to do was to click on your link (lost the quote - sorry) navigate to and read the T's & C's text via the link at the bottom and accept them there and that's all we had to do?
I followed suit and stated 'I accept' etc but I also put text about the router in the 'questions' bit that actually raised a wizard ticket but I didn't mention T' & C's in 'the ticket'.
So, just in case there are several folk waiting in vain, could you please confim the folk in the T's & C's section are in the 'to do' list (I'm not harrassing you as it will happen in good time Smiley I just want to make sure I/we don't have to edit our tickets to put 'I accept' etc Smiley
Regards,
Pete
Bazza
Grafter

That's what I did Pete but I also accepted the T&C's  in the ticket I raised.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I just put I accepted the T&C in the question on the ticket, but not in the comments section of the T&C, hope that is OK?
Cathotel
Grafter

Hmmm, that's what I mean about confusion...:)
I took the blue text to mean daily support wouldn't read/answer anything in the questions/ticket part and I took the red text to mean accept there.
I'll wait for Dave to clarify as to my cost in the past if I add a comment to my ticket it gets shoved back down the pile Sad
Quote from: dave

To take part in the trial all you need to do is go to:
http://trials.plus.net
Follow the FTTC 80/20 Trial link, read through the text and Ts & Cs, state you accept the Ts & Cs (linked at the bottom of the page) and let us know if you want a router (we have a limited stock available and we can't guarantee what router you'll receive).
Should you have any questions regarding the trial I'd ask that they be asked here, while the support teams will be aware we are doing a trial they haven't had full training yet so won't be able to answer any questions. Please also note that this is a trial and things can go wrong and it may take longer than normal to fix. Should you have a fault then please raise this as normal but again as we've only so far dealt with one FTTC 80/20 fault so far in the trial again it may take longer than normal to fix.
Bazza
Grafter

Which is why I accepted the T&C by posting a reply and also in the ticket I raised. I guess it won't hurt if people retrospectively add to their ticket or sign the T&C statement. I need to go lie down now Cheesy
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well I don't know what any of you are talking about and I'm on the trial, so as long as you've created the ticket I wouldn't worry about it.
paulpicks21
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Paul,
just thought I'd dive in as I'm handling the ordering for the 80/20 trial, I've checked your account and yes, its a ZyXEL NBG4604s.

Thanks for checking Adam, I will pick it up in the morning and hook it up in the evening Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

I raised the ticket, and stated within it my acceptance of the T+C - which, IIRC, are linked as part of the form filling out the ticket.
I didn't put anything anywhere else.
For completeness, I also happened to document my existing speeds & packages in the ticket, so there was a record of where we were coming from.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
coachdriver
Grafter

Quote from: walker23
Quote from: alanscoachdriver
The router is the standard Netgear N150 supplied by plusnet so don't see why that should be an issue. My PC is a Mac Mini connected to a Gigabit switch and then onto the router and modem, so down to 100mb there. My Mac is more than capable at running with greater speeds.

Would it be possible to connect the Mac direct to the modem and PPPOE direct just to rule out any bottlenecks in or out of the netgear?  I wouldn't really expect much change but possibly a worthwhile experiment just to rule things out.  As the modem can stay in sync there should be no risk of upsetting DLM.

OK, done this from a MacBook now as I can't move the Mac Mini.
So a direct ethernet cable from the MacBook to the BT Openreach Modem and a PPoE connection.
Speedtest.net was a bit hit and miss and slightly worse than before - 40-42 down and 10 up.
BT Speedtest was slightly better 54 down and 11 up.
So not much different than before.
BT Profile still reported at 57.03 and 20