Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Suggests they're possibly out of stock  Sad
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
paulpicks21
Grafter

I remember I got a ticket come through saying 'status changed to despatched' at like 2.30am and it turned up the same day.
If you check your tickets first thing in the morning and you see similar then expect it to be delivered tomorrow.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Cheers Cathotel,
Quote from: Cathotel

From my earlier post I mentioned I got typically 31 Mbps profile upto the 11th Nov when it jumped up 6 or 7 Mbps which compares to yours I guess?
How far is your FTTC cab from the exchange? mine's a good 2.5 - 3 km depending on route.

As my IP Profile graph demonstrated, my connection has been problematic for quite a few months now.
I was able to actually download at 33Mb at first.
Currently I am only able to download at 22Mb.
I would guesstimate that my cabinet is around 4.3 km from the exchange & my home around 800m to 1100m from the cabinet.
Others who achieved around 33Mb to 35Mb on the original 8c profile saw a much larger DS speed increase on being switched to the 17a Profile, which I guess was November in your case.
I see you also get something from all 3 US band plans, but only 2 of the 3 DS band plans (Medley Phase).

Paul.
garywood84
Rising Star

Quote from: KevinG
Quote from: garywood84
Anyone know the answer to this?  Is there an option to have interleaving set to "Off" like on ADSL?
My speeds seem to be higher again now, but I'm getting an IP profile of only 73Mb, where originally it was 78Mb.  I suspect this is because interleaving has been turned on, beause the ping is also higher (about 40ms, where it was 8-11).

I've a horrible feeling the answer is no, at least not by anyone other than Openreach. Lucky you, only losing 5Mb, I've lost 10!

Thanks, KevinG.  Does DLM remove/reduce interleaving if it detects good line conditions?  I'm not sure what's prompted it to turn on in the first place, but I wonder if it might reduce if the line conditions are good over the next few days.
Nuggy

Hello again,
Its now 6am and im about to leave for work. I assume at this time the internet should be at its quickest. At the moment im getting 23mbit down, when before on the 40 mbit pretty much any time I would get the full 40 so I guess something isnt right. I was so excited the first day getting 73mbit down!
The Ping is also higher, 18ms. usually its 8-12, a small difference.
Bazza
Grafter

My connection appears top be slowing down now. The results from speedtest.net are still showing the same stats but in real life usage I have just experienced a significant reduction in download speed to around 60MB accessing usenet at 6:30 am when I would expect it to be at full speed. Also last night it was hardly faster than my old DSL connection and I have the Pro Add-on!
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Aha - my sync speed has gone back up from 65411 to 67905 without touching anything, so there is hope. I was thinking of doing a modem reboot some time today to see if it improved anything but maybe I'll leave it now. Just did a quick speed test:

This isn't using the server that speedtest.net would want to use for me, based on lowest ping, because I know that one would only give a result around 40-50M.
Edit: Just did a BT speed test and, interestingly my IP profile hasn't updated, still 63.31, should be about 65.73 based on sync speed and I thought changes were pretty much instant. I'll check it later. Gave download speed of 17Mbps, so usual rubbish!
JEB
Grafter

@KevinG
The IP Profile only updates when a new PPP session is established.  If the VDSL modem just resynced without the session dropping, which seems to happen most of the time, than the IP Profile will not change.  In short just disconnect and reconnect your router and the IP Profile should then update.

James
Cathotel
Grafter

@Dave / @Adam,
Hi both,
I've just updated my 80/20 Trial ticket 52427118 to request that I be put back on my original 40/2 product and assume this entails a new re-train which is what I prefer.
Not sure if you are monitoring those tickets as regular support are replying, so I've asked them to let you guys know as well.
Thanks for letting me have the trial opportunity, but I've only seen approx 0.5 Mbps improvement in downspeed so I'm on the limit and don't use/need the 4.5 Mbps upspeed increase.
Regards,
Pete
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: JEB
@KevinG
The IP Profile only updates when a new PPP session is established.  If the VDSL modem just resynced without the session dropping, which seems to happen most of the time, than the IP Profile will not change.  In short just disconnect and reconnect your router and the IP Profile should then update.

James

Thanks James, just done that, can't get any sense out of BT tester at the moment to check profile but this speed test seems to indicate it worked:
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: KevinG

Edit: Just did a BT speed test and, interestingly my IP profile hasn't updated, still 63.31, should be about 65.73 based on sync speed and I thought changes were pretty much instant. I'll check it later. Gave download speed of 17Mbps, so usual rubbish!

I have noticed that when the modem re-syncs "on the fly" (usually only takes a few seconds), BT's IP profile does not always update as the current PPP sesssion & dynamically allocated IP Address are maintained.
However, if a new PPP session is initiated by disconnecting/reconnecting the router, BT's IP Profile usually updates immediately.

Paul.

EDIT:
Oooops!
Just spotted the other response from JEB stating the same thing.
andun84
Rising Star

On dropping the PPP session and restarting on my Netgear router there was an option in the menu to disconnect and reconnect however I haven't found any such option on the Zygel would I'm testing. Is there such an option or is it a reboot only.
Thanks
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I've only found the 'reboot' option in the router's menus but as is doesn't do anything to the modem the VDSL2 keeps running and you don't loose sync so at least DLM shouldn't punish you.  Just a bit of a nuissance to have to do a full reboot of the router just to refresh the PPP session.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
andun84
Rising Star

Thanks walker23 for confirming that  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@cathotel,
We'll be putting trialists back as they were previously anyway.
The reason agents have replied to you is just because when you've passed a ticket back to us it returns back to a generic CSC support pool rather than the 80/20 pool that the trials page forwards tickets to.
I''ve popped yours over to the right pool now so I'll be picking it up soon anyway.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team