Did you mean: 

80/20 FTTC Trial Closed

bluewhale
Rising Star

Re: 80/20 FTTC Trial Open

Quote from: jelv
You have to be on Value Fibre or Extra Fibre to go on to the trial:

personally i'm baffled why the requirement to switch packages is there at all
after all it look like the trials are raising issues...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, I'm back
@Bazza, I really enjoyed my time off, especially yesterday, I spent most of that in sat reading a book in my local park. I've been through all the replies over the past week or so and will do my best to address everyone questions and concerns

after all it looks like the trials are raising issues...

Obviously we'd rather there not be issues but identifying potential problems is a big part of our reason for performing trials like this.
Just to re-cap I've personally been collating details of those of you that have posted here complaining that you are on the 80/20 trial but do not seem to be able to connect at speeds greater than 40mb. We've managed to eliminate a few of those due to pending VP upgrades and we've let you know in our responses via support tickets. With regards to anyone else BT are still investigating a problem for me which relates to "stuck" speed profiles, I'll continue to keep you updated as to when we get more news about this issue being fixed and thank you for your patience so far. On the same topic there are some of you that have posted saying that you're experiencing the same issue but haven't raised a fault:
theregi, NRV618, StuartC, beardybuck, AlanT
Sorry to single you guys out but could you raise a fault here please: http://faults.plus.net/
Please reply back with the ticket ID when you have so I can make sure they are processed ASAP and the details are sent off to my contact at BT for this particular issue.
If you are on the 80/20 trial and have an issue with speeds but can connect above 40mb please raise a fault anyway and we'll pick you up via the normal faults processes.
@mikeyriot I've just checked your account, human error is to blame there I'm afraid as the router wasn't ordered. I've done that now for you so it should reach you within the next 3 working days.
@fagin the pro add-on won't affect speed test results.
Let me know if I've missed anyones queries or if you have any questions. I'll aim to provide the next update about the 80/20 < 40 issue on Monday.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JEB
Grafter

Thanks for keep us up to date Adam.
Have a good weekend and I look forward to your Monday update.

James
Bazza
Grafter

Thanks for the update Adam. Indeed the whole idea of a trial is to flush out any issues and have them addressed and resolved before offering the service to a wider audience. I'm sure the data we provide here and via the speed test we run help no end in achieving this. I'm thrilled with the product so far.
AlanT
Dabbler

Thanks for the feedback, Adam.
I've now raised a ticket: Question #53354236.
garywood84
Rising Star

@Adam,
I've just raised a ticket (#53354108) because speed problems have become an issue for me over the last few days.  
For the first 2 days after activation of the trial, I had 75Mb down and 17Mb up. This then dropped to 60/10 for a while and settled around 70/12.
Now, my line is synced at 75.67 and has been for a couple of days, but I'm getting very erratic speeds (via various tests, including speedtest.net and thinkbroadband.com).
Over the last 24 hours, I've had between 6-70down and 12-17up, with most results around 30/13.
One interesting thing I've noticed is that if I resync at what I think are quiet times of day (e.g. very early in the morning, about 5am), I get a slower sync than if I resync at 18.00.  18.00 seems to be the best time of day to sync and get a good profile speed.
Gary

katie
Grafter

I'm not sure whether to raise a ticket or not & maybe someone can advise me. When I switched to 40/2 fibre extra, my ethernet speed tests showed arounf 37-38 Mb/s and wireless was around 25-35Mb/s. I then started the 80/20 trial.
Last night my BT speedtest was as follows - Download Speed  14 Mbps 0 Mbps   45.61 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 14 Mbps.  For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-45.61 Mbps .  
Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 45.61 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 8.74 Mbps 0 Kbps 20 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 8.74Mbps
Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
My speedtest.net result on my office PC using an ethernet cable  read - Download 43.07Mb/s; Upload 9.19Mb/s; Ping 25ms. on the Lancaster server. Sorry I don't have an image.
The download results on my wireless laptop read anything from 2Mb/s up to 25 Mb/s on the Lancaster server. Uploads read from about 6 up to 9 Mb/s. I tend to use the wireless laptop in the same place, doing the same things and yet I get massive variations of download speeds. The results are similar on the Netgear router supplied fo my 40/2 product and the ZyXEL also supplied by PN. I have tried different channels on each router and tried re-booting the modem a couple of times and the routers 4 times each.
I cannot understand why I'm getting these wild variations and why I now get lower wireless download speeds now (2-25Mb/s) compared to over 30Mb/s when I first switched to the 40/2 fibre extra product.
Thanks for any advice.
Katie
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ Katie, yes I'd advise that you raise a fault here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults let me know the ticket ID when you have please.
Thanks garywood84 and AlanT I'll wait and see if anyone else replies before the end of the day and I'll make sure they get looked at too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pittdj
Grafter

I raised a ticket as my 80/20 connection (only) increased from 37Mb/s to 43Mb/s, 53228673. It appears there is a problem at the Brentwood exchange.
bluewhale
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

after all it looks like the trials are raising issues...

Obviously we'd rather there not be issues but identifying potential problems is a big part of our reason for performing trials like this.

sorry didn't mean to sound critical, but would've liked to be on the trial, but just can't risk the extra expense i might end up with...
marka87uk
Dabbler

Hi,
I've been accepted for the trial today and the email said the order should complete within 1 working day. Will that mean tomorrow or Monday?
And will I need to reboot my router or modem? Smiley
marka87uk
Dabbler

Quote from: pittdj
I raised a ticket as my 80/20 connection (only) increased from 37Mb/s to 43Mb/s, 53228673. It appears there is a problem at the Brentwood exchange.

I am also on the Brentwood exchange so will let you know my experience once my order for 80/20 is processed. Smiley
beardybuck
Grafter

Adam, raised a fault ticket 53357558 as you requested. Thank you for the prompt feedback.
A further question, one of the customer support team, in response to my question on speeds on the first day of my trial, said that my line would not support much better than 40MB anyway? How is this tested? Just curious as I was getting 38.2/2 on my normal FTTC, although only had the 80/20 trial start the day after my install Smiley
I have occasionally seen speeds of 50, but would have expected more as I am less than 150M (maximum) from my cabinet. What other factors are there apart from just distance. These houses are late sixties construction.
mikeyriot
Grafter

Thanks for the update Adam. Thats cool, I was just checking it hadnt ended up in some courrier's hallway......
katie
Grafter

Thanks Adam - I have raised a ticket - number 53358841,
Katie