cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

hulls
Grafter

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

I had a direct mailing from BT last week offering me a fibre connection.  Does that mean that Chelmsford is being connected?
John
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 5

Looks like Chelmsford is getting FTTC rather than FTTP, you can check if you're line can get it yet here:
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
There's a separate FTTC thread here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82366.0.html
If you're interested and can get it drop me a PM.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
PeteyD

Hi - can you check if I'm eligible for the trial please and if so put me on the reserve list?  My postcode is MK5 8FH and plusnet username is epidauros.
Cheers Pete
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Fibre update
Fibre cables going down in Middleton, Milton Keynes MK10 9xx
The engineers said Kents Hill was next.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Pete,
I've added you to the list, your postcode is covered, could you do me a favour please can check that we've got the right address down for you on your account here:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0
I'll be in touch a little nearer the start of the trial. I've got 6 of you now that have expressed an interest and are in the available area so will see who can get it first.
jonnywishbone - cool, got a couple of people in that area so fingers crossed they'll be good to go from the start.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
PeteyD

Hi Dave, thanks for that, I have now updated my address! Pete
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, for the 6 of you that will be able to get FTTP BT have done some site surveys around the areas to ensure they think that you'll be able to get it. They would though like to do some on-site surveys if possible so I was wondering if any of you would be available for the engineer visit in the next few weeks. The engineer will just want to take a look where the fibre would be run (overhead or underground) see where it would terminate, that kind of thing and review if they think any extra work would be required. There'd be no obligation to take the service and the engineer wouldn't do any work, it's just a survey but they may need you to be at home (will get clarification on that). If we could arrange something with a couple of you that would be very helpful.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Count me in Dave Cheesy
herbiejhopkins
Dabbler

Me too Wink
dmle1
Dabbler

Me three.  Grin
readingg
Grafter

and me (can't imagine very many overhead runs being required in Milton Keynes  Smiley
scootie
Grafter

http://www.fibrestream.co.uk/blog/
seems along boring job of digging trench's for fiber ducts at this linconshire fiber project
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks guys, appreciated. Will let you know when we'll need you.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quick update on the FTTP trial progress:
Bradwell Abbey rollout – Walnut Tree district is being built now, Middleton & Loughton districts are due to be completed at the beginning of August. By the end of August the build for Bradwell Abbey should be complete.
I've not checked who's in which district from the 7 I've got on the list but I'm hopeful that some of you are in the Walnut Tree district. Assuming you are then fingers crossed you'll be one of the first to get FTTP.
BT have made another request. They want to have a little bit of song and dance around the first couple of orders to complete so are hoping to be able to get a bit of press coverage and would like to have a few photos taken and try and get them in the trade magazines and online. So if you'd like to be in the press then please let me know and I can feed back to BT. I can't guarantee anything but I'm sure you'll know which districts you're in.
Regarding the site survey, currently waiting for feedback to whether they want to go ahead with these.
Highams Park – will be available to trial at the end of September.
As yet we've no-one expressed interest on this exchange.
More good news, we can add as many lines as we like to the trial. So the current plan is to add as many of the first 7 as we can (subject to you being in the areas that are done). Then we'll contact a few more people in the areas and see if they want to take part.
2 further exchanges have been announced – Leytonstone (east London) & York although no timescales have been given as to when they’ll be available.
I'll post updates when I get them as to when they are likely to available for trial. Feel free to add a comment here if you're on one so I can keep track of interest and be in touch when the exchange is ready.
The trial is also expected to now run until March 2011. I'm just finalising the details of which router to use.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
herbiejhopkins
Dabbler

Glad to be in Walnut Tree  ;D. I've seen openreach vans sat in my street fairly often over the last few weeks.