cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my broadband keeps cutting out

che2000
Dabbler

my broadband keeps cutting out

Every couple of days, my broadband cuts out, meaning that I have to restart my laptop and rounter, sometimes several times before things start connecting again (and often right when I am in the middle of a call or research). Why is this?

Also, as a seperate note, why is it so difficult to contact Plusnet online when they are a broadband provider (really curious bout that one).

Cheers

JL

15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: my broadband keeps cutting out

@che2000 Are you actually on an ADSL connection, or an FTTC one? Can you please explain the 'cutting out'? Is it a total loss of service over all devices - how are they connected, or is it apparent on the device you are using at the time? Have you carried out the very basic check of making sure you do not have a telephone issue?

hat difficulties do you have contacting PN on line - as far as I know they have Twitter and Facebook pages, as well as this forum? And of course the phoneline (0800 432 0200).

John
Amy31

Mine keeps cutting out too, I don’t have a landline phone which has made it difficult to do anything about! But I’ve just reported it and they’re sending someone to sort it so might be worth doing that!
che2000
Dabbler

Me phone seems to be working just fine (at least in the sense that it can make and receive calls). I confess that I have no idea whatsoever what an ADSL connection, or an FTTC one actually means.

In terms of cutting out, I mean that every fortyeight hours or so my laptop and television will refuse to connect to the internet meaning that I have to restart them, often several times.

Took me a bloody age to find any contact info online for Plusnet, summat that I find strange given (once again) that this is a broadband provider.

Sorry if I sound snarky but today has been a trying day internet-wise.

che2000
Dabbler

I'm not having any bother with me landline so I think that's okay. The internet will pick its moments to cut out, usually every fortyeight hours. Not the end of the world, I know, but tis annoying.

jab1
Legend

'Phone seems to be working OK' - that is not what I asked - is there any noise on the line when you dial 17070 and select option 2 - 'Quiet Line Test'?

Your account page will tell you what connection type you have, but too give me an idea - which modem/router do you have?

If you can follow simple instructions, I will post my 'Help Sheet' - might help me/other  Community members help you - but only if you follow it to the letter - any problems, ask - I understand not everyone knows everything.

Contact details are available via links at the top of every forum page.

John
che2000
Dabbler

Whoa. Excuse my lack of tech savvy.

Let's let someone else handle this, shall we?

Peace be with you.

jab1
Legend

OK - if you don't want help, I'm happy not to to give it, but I did offer.

John
che2000
Dabbler

"If you can follow simple instructions"

Cheers, bruv, but I don't need your help to feel worse than i do.

Can you say "condescending"?

jab1
Legend

That was not meant to be condescending, merely a 'figure of speech' which meant that things can be sorted - but if you are not computer literate, you have to take note of what is posted in reply, and ask if you don't understand - in other words, you have to help me to help you.

John
che2000
Dabbler

In all honesty, I'd rather lose me broadband for a few hours every day than be patronised like this. Among the languages I don't speak include, but are not limited to, ancient Greek, Urdu, Cantonese and tech speech.

jab1
Legend

OK, have it your way, but if you want help, you need to help those who might want to help you - none of us are telepathic .

John
che2000
Dabbler

you is bare rude, bro.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

You need to engage with the process to get help from a fellow customer / find out what is going wrong as seen here - https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Slow-ADSL-Broadband/m-p/1860710#M346211

Alternatively there is a raft of self help guidance to be found in the user portal (see http://plus.net) where you will also find the fault reporting tools.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still