cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line set to 20mb?

callums

line set to 20mb?

hi,
i recently joined plusnet and i've had no issues at all with the connection but the speeds have never changed from a 'max throughput of 20,000kbps' on the Fritzbox 7490 router dsl stats. The attainable rate is often a lot higher than this but the connection never increases.
would someone be able to check if my line to see what its set at?
i did have a line fault fixed by bt openreach about a month prior to joining plusnet so i'm not sure if it's still locked at a rate set during the fault?
thanks for any help
Callum
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: line set to 20mb?

Quote from: callums
The attainable rate is often a lot higher than this

Does this vary much?
Can you post your DSL stats?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
callums

Re: line set to 20mb?

Receive Direction Send Direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 20000 5000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128 128
Attainable data rate kbit/s 23901 4784
Current throughput kbit/s 20000 4709
Seamless rate adaptation off off

Latency fast fast
Impulse Noise Protection 0 0
G.INP off off

Signal-to-noise ratio dB 9 6
Bitswap on off
Line attenuation dB 26 41

Profile 17a
G.Vector off off

Carrier record A43 A43

These stats?
attainable line speed will go as high as ~25,000 but never lower than ~20,000. MAx attainable hasn't moved since the line break that i mentioned previously
i dont live far from the cab but its really poor aluminium lines with a number of strange connections and the openreach engineers just tend to sigh when they are in our area so i know it isnt going to get much better.