cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jimmyjams22 issue (was Re: Disconnection very frequently)

jimmyjams22

jimmyjams22 issue (was Re: Disconnection very frequently)

we "upgraded" to fibre on September 14th .Since then the connection drops frequently for short periods of time during the day both on wired computer and on wi-fi. We also get messages about authenticating various sites gmail, virgin and can no longer connect to iplayer on the smart TV. My partner loses work if connection drops while he is working on his laptop very frustrating
iI have spent, on average, 1 hour a day on the phone to Plusnet and these problems are really affecting my quality of life. I live in Glasgow and wonder if I am unique in having these problems. They did send out an engineer two days ago who tested the line and could find no faults on the line but did not test router as he had not been given a remit to do this. An hour after he left usual problems started again
I also wonder if anyone else who had similar problems found a solution.
adie:green changed topic title.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Re: Disconnection very frequently

mod:note
split into its own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JohnP1066

Re: jimmyjams22 issue (was Re: Disconnection very frequently)

Almost exactly the same experience. After multiple calls, emails and logged faults I've given up. Until you are placed in this limbo it's difficult to appreciate how frustrating and drepressing the experience can be. Although I've only recently joined up and therefore will be hit for breaking the contract enough is enough.
foss
Hooked

Re: jimmyjams22 issue (was Re: Disconnection very frequently)

I have the same issue with a regular disconnection, usually between 7pm and 10pm. Plusnet replaced the router after I raised a ticket, but the problem remains.