Did you mean: 

capacity issues - continued

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: capacity issues - continued

Hi all,
We've been in discussion with our products team and we will be responding formally in full as soon as we can.
Some of what I feel you would like us to touch on here is highly commercially sensitive and hence that may make us appear less transparent than you'd like and we do appreciate that. However we're not deliberately holding back that can be shared with you.
Bear with us please and do let me know if you have any sensible and specific questions in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The specific and sensible questions are

Why is it happening?
When are you going to fix it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jim,
We're not turning a blind eye to any of this. We're carrying out in depth analysis and as mentioned I'll be back with more information when we have it from our products guys.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Some of what I feel you would like us to touch on here is highly commercially sensitive and hence that may make us appear less transparent than you'd like and we do appreciate that. However we're not deliberately holding back that can be shared with you.

Adam, thanks for responding, but talking about what we would like you to touch on being commercially sensitive is not so much the issue. The problem is that PN keep stating they will respond, but this has been going on for long enough that PN should know what the issue is AND have enough time to fix it IF that is the will of the organisation.
You talk about transparency, and whilst an explanation of what is causing the problem is helpful, what members really need is the problem to be fixed.
Whether it is commercially sensitive, whether or not you are deliberately holding back, the questions are simple ones...
1) Is this an issue that PN are serious about fixing? I would have far more respect if you said something along the lines of "there are not enough customers experiencing issues for us to consider this a serious issue". At least that way customers would know where they stand and can either move on or put up with it.
2) What is the timeline for a resolution?
Answering the above questions requires no details on the issue itself, it requires no confidential information to be divulged. It is simple answers that are required.
Whilst I appreciate you have at least made a response today (after prodding I might add), this analysis you have been conducting has been ongoing for months. Is this issue really that complex that this much time is required for analysis?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Strat
May I refer people to this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.msg1241843.html#msg1241843

Perhaps it would be appropriate to remind people that topic was started Wed 31-12-2014
Will Plusnet fix these issues in less than a year? I'm not placing any bets!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Thanks Adam,
I don't think anyone expect plusnet to divulge commercially sensitive information. But we do expect to be kept informed that this issue is actually being worked on -- it's good manners if nothing else.  The last acknowledgement of this issue by plusnet was around 6 weeks ago, this delay has certainly given me the impression that plusnet was ignoring the issue and treating us customer with contempt.  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As I mentioned elsewhere, I know Dave reviews this thread quite regularly.  Perhaps Adam could ask him for an update.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Is this problem particular to Plusnet or are other isps similarly affected?
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

From the little evidence we have, it appears that customers who have moved to BT (and I think Zen, though not sure), state that the problem has gone away.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Thanks Adam Walker. Hopefully we shouldn't wait too long for your information when you have it from your products guys. Hopefully not a month waiting to get back to us.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: jafreer
From the little evidence we have, it appears that customers who have moved to BT (and I think Zen, though not sure), state that the problem has gone away.

Out of interest, where have you seen/read that?
Anotherone
Champion

I've read it re BT as well, on posts on this forum and I think TBB.
AndyH
Grafter

Quite a few people have claimed other users have moved to BT and the problem has gone away, but I've seen no evidence of that in terms of speed test results.
11110_110 is the only user I have seen who has actually moved to BT and has posted data.
Anotherone
Champion

Have you looked on TBB?
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: AndyH
but I've seen no evidence of that in terms of speed test results.

I happened to believe them. I would be grateful to see your speed graph evidence that states otherwise.