cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dropping out and keeps coming up with incorrect password

theluxtons2018
Hooked

WiFi dropping out and keeps coming up with incorrect password

I haven’t had plusnet long but the service has been awful since I’ve had it.  The WiFi constantly drops out and I keep trying different channels as per technical supports advice but it doesn’t cure.  The WiFi router is well positioned and we have a TP Link booster midpoint in the house which shows strong signal all the time.

For example when I lose WiFi on my TV which is constantly I try to reconnect and then it says incorrect WiFi password even though it’s the one on the back of the router.  The WPS tends to work but we are pressing this multiple times a day.  The problem is not isolated to the TV it happens to all connected devices.

This would be very frustrating for many but especially for me as a key NHS worker trying to catch up with important emails at home!!!

3 REPLIES 3
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: WiFi dropping out and keeps coming up with incorrect password

Hi @theluxtons2018. Sorry to hear of the issues. You mention the channels haven't help improve things, have you had the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands split while trying different channels? I would always recommend that first as some devices don't tend to communicate well with the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands synced together in the default setup.

I'm happy to send the guide out again on how to do this if needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
theluxtons2018
Hooked

Yes please

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@theluxtons2018, this sounds very much like the problem described here.

I have just pushed an update to your router that I'm hoping will have helped. You'll need to switch it off/back on again to apply the changes.

Let me know if it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵