Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Where to start

Hi @WhatsWrongNow, from what you've said the problems you're experiencing do appear to point towards a wireless issue, which I'm afraid is unfortunately out of our control.

Having said this, it may be worth de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies on your router by changing the SSID for one of them so your devices doesn't automatically try switching between these.

This post can help with instruction on doing this: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

Thanks but again see previous post 5ghz is disabled
I understand WiFi outside of your control but there must be knowledge out there. At least in the first instance to tell me what’s normal and what’s not eg screenshots
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@WhatsWrongNow wrote:
Thanks but again see previous post 5ghz is disabled

Apologies I missed that when I made my previous response.

@WhatsWrongNow wrote:
I understand WiFi outside of your control but there must be knowledge out there.

Some pointers for getting the most out of wifi can be found over here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

I’ve just logged into the forum typed a long reply hit post and been told authentication failed.

For now is the orange WiFi light on the hub an error or present light
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Has anyone pressed the WPS light on the router? That's normally the only reason that should flash

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

No if it’s ON
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @WhatsWrongNow,

Thank you for confirming that. In that case, I would recommend that you try a factory reset of your router. There's a pinhole on the back and you'd need to push something into this for at least 15 seconds whilst the router is powered on. Please be aware that this will remove any custom settings/passwords that you may have set up on the router.

Please let us know how it goes.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

Right before I do this.... this light has been on for days, over a week in fact. The WiFi is working but extremely slow.
I had a new router because of the same fault and I was with BT before that and had the same faults
I appreciate that you didn’t know this but now you do hopefully you will agree that this is hiding the symptoms not getting to the fault
There must be some kind of diagnostics or tests you can run while it’s in this status
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

WiFi light still on. Please let me know of any tests etc that can be run
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @WhatIsWrongNow,

Thanks for providing us this information. Based off of what you've said so far and everything else in this thread, it's likely that there is something in the area that's causing interference with your Wireless Signal which would explain why this issue seems to happen despite having changed ISP's and Routers.

I've tested your line today and everything appears to be working fine from our side which is more evidence to support this theory, so at this stage it's worth trying to figure out whether or not the interference is being caused by something within your own control, like another device within your property.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ Thanks. I have tried this before but I will do it again.
In the meantime can you tell me why the WiFi thinks it’s down but it’s working? What are the constant invalid illegal and wrong order packets being received and what’s the perceived TCP reset threat? Currently Fing is showing my hub with the local address of .67 as well as where you would expect it. I’ve been told previously that two routers can be seen on the line can you check?
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I've checked the line today and can't see any history of two routers being connected to the line at once and it's hard to say what's causing the the issue you're having with the WiFi light as it's certainly not something that I have seen before. Have you been able to perform the factory reset as suggested by my colleague, Emily, yet?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ I’m reluctant too as that’s the only evidence I have. If there really is nothing else you can see or test. I will do
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @WhatsWrongNow,

Thank you - please let us know how it goes.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
WhatsWrongNow
Grafter

Okay the lights out, loads of remote admin logging on, loads of port forwarding rules and still all the packet errors
Would you do me a favour and answer previous questions too