Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN no longer working

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: VPN no longer working

Sorry that these issues have come back again. I've flagged this up internally to be looked at, when we hear back we'll let you know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tetley

This has been fixed and all working. Please do not change anything.

Chris
Legend

@arbgib

We've checked and can't find any issues and the changes previously are still working for others as @tetley mentions.

Can you PM me with the endpoint you're connecting to and the VPN type please?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
naustin261

I have the same issue. Cisco Anyconnect connects but the connection is so slow, everything timesout.

Annabailey88

Hi Chris,

Did something change yesterday as I'm now having issues with the VPN - the status keeps changing to authenticating and I'm having to restart the router to get re-connected.

samjnorth

Hi Chris,

I am also having issues with VPN connectivity since yesterday. I have access to connect to either Dell SonicWALL or Citrix NetScaler, both are preforming badly.

I've checked with our internal IT team and there are no faults. The issue is happening on two different laptops. I’ve restarted the route numerous times.

Thanks

Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the past few weeks I’ve seen entries in my syslog telling me that a VPN from another office has reconnected. This persists late into the night with no obvious reason for it. I reset the logs yesterday (the 31st) at 06:28 and all was well until 13:42 when the reconnects started and continued at least once an hour until 01:38 this morning then it's gone quite.

I pointed the finger at the guys in the other office for this but they assure me that there are no software clients running and their WAN connection hasn’t dropped. Both ends of the VPN are configured in the routers, both DrayTek, I’m the server they’re the client so once it’s up it should remain up for as long as the WANs are alive or until a manual shutdown.

Now I don’t know if this is related but it’s really, really annoying!

Chris
Legend

I'm not aware of anything changing. I've asked internally though. Can you let me know the type of VPN software you're all using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not using any specific software for my VPN as I am using a DrayTeK router at each end of the connection. So for me the firmware for the router here, a 2925, is v3.8.4.1 and on the other end it's v3.8.4.5 on a 2860 series.

Annabailey88

Hi Chris,

I use Dell SonicWALL Global VPN Client but my connection seems to improved this afternoon and hasn't dropped out for a few hours. Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same?

Chris
Legend

Thanks for the updates.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Wife's work's laptop uses Citrix Netscaler - having major problems with it.. establishing a connection is flaky, performance is sluggish.

HH1 seems fine with the Cisco VPN I have on my work's laptop.

netman82
Dabbler

I cannot connect to my workplace IPsec VPN using NCP Secure Client. This facility works on all other tested connections such BT Infinity, Three Mobile, Zen and so on. My IP is 143.159.214.x

Please can you advise/assist?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@netman82, as per our discussion over PM, I've a suspicion there's something happening remotely based on the IP you're presenting when trying to connect. I've temporarily assigned you a static IP which I suspect is going to resolve the issue, but ideally the root cause could do with being established.

Let me know if my changes haven't helped.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Leebates

I have a Dell Sonicwall VPN back to the new company I work at and I can connect successfully to the VPN but then it all goes pear shaped.

If I start a ping -t to the domain controller prior to connecting I get about 5 or 6 replies when the connection first comes up and then timeouts forever more. A tracert doesn't show any hops when the VPN is connected.

Sonicwall support and our in house IT team have looked at it and they can see me connect and can see the ping responses leaving the firewall to come to me but it seems they are being dropped somewhere along the way.

Firewall is off on my laptop and I disabled it temporarily on my Plusnet Hub One but to no avail.

If I use my mobile phones WiFi hotspot or connect from one of our remote offices the VPN works correctly. 

The first three octets of my public address are 37.152.253.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Lee