cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many drops since day one 3 months ago! want out!. Want to cancel!!!

Cleo
Dabbler

Too many drops since day one 3 months ago! want out!. Want to cancel!!!

We have tried everything you have suggested, changing channels and frequencies.
The problem has still not been resolved, at least 3 time’s every evening, between the hours of 5:30pm and 10:30 pm our internet drops, and the WiFi cuts out!
We cannot accept this, this has been going on since day one of joining you.
Therefore we are not receiving the service that we are paying for!

I have no other alternative but to move to a more stable provider were we will NOT constantly loosing connection!.

I do not to expect to be charged for leaving, as you failed to provide the service I am paying for!.

19 REPLIES 19
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Too many drops since day one 3 months ago! want out!. Want to cancel!!!

@Cleo 

Have you been complaining for 3 months? Have you gone through the fault finding procedure as suggested in the other post to which you have contributed? Have you had Openreach out to investigate by reporting the fault using the link in the other post?

Or are you just hankering to leave Plusnet and have a dispute with their Debt Collectors?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Cleo, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. Looking over your connection and notes on your account I can see the drops you've reported look to have been misidentified as solely wireless issues however looking over your connection graph recently I can see there's been several drops in connection from our side to the router per day. When looking into this further and testing your connection and line however we aren't detecting the location of the issue or getting any hints as to what's behind the drops so I'd recommend going through some troubleshoot steps your side below to help narrow the cause down.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault. Let us know how it goes.

I'm afraid unless an engineer deems a speed issue/fault is unfix-able then we wouldn't be able to waver cancellation fee's especially if the necessary steps having been taken that should be able to get to the bottom of this issue. Again, I'm sincerely sorry previous advisors looking into this for you have solely being focused on the wireless and we'll certainly make sure that when the issue is resolved andou are refunded for the loss of service over this period that it goes back to when you initially raised the fault with us. As mentioned, let us know how it goes and we'll be happy to progress this issue further for you if needed.

Pembo

Don’t let them fob you with a refund cos all they refund is from when you raise the fault not for the trouble you have had months prior!!! Horrible service I’ve had fault over a year now endless engineers out and still not fixed fully still keeps dropping out!!!
Cleo
Dabbler

I've only been with this unreliable company for 3 months, how many months will I herd to pay if I leave NOW?.
And yet again at 9.pm broadband completely dropped, yet again as it does every night at this time! Utterly had enough!

And thank you for your response.
Much appreciated.
Cleo
Dabbler

I do think our IP address has been hacked!
I have never had any issues at all with the provider we were with for over 9 years.
So in the 21st century this has to be the worst provider ever!
Stay away if you don't want problems!
Simple!

stevebezzer
Grafter

Mine has done exactly the same I’ve just changed to Plusnet and speed drops from 30mb to 6mb around 8pm time then it’s dire for the rest of the night I’m on my mobiles 4G now completely unacceptable, and I notice that they say you can’t contact them within the first 3 weeks of having the service as it has to settle. Is that to get out of the cooling off period and tie you into your contract and pay fees to get out? I want out of this it’s not what they promised. I’ve never had issues with my previous provider regarding speed caps like this. You can’t give people 30mb then on an evening reduce speeds to 6mb it’s unusable.
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Cleo Your IP address is dynamic and therefore changes quite often. As my colleague as already stated, you would need to raise a fault and looking at your account this has already been actioned. It is already with the Faults Team and they are require an update from yourself.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Cleo
Dabbler

24th April, 

yet again our line has dropped again,  and this was using a wired connection to the laptop! 

There’s  obviously a pattern here, every night @ approx 8:50-9:00pm!. This drop happens several times a day! 
We cannot continue like this, this is NOT what we signed up for!. 
Suspicions point to a system called, ‘manager’ ! Whereby connections are re routed to enable other connectors to share  /split!

Never have we ever suffered this awful, unstable, non consistent line connection!

We will be leaving,!.. We do not expect to pay for early exit!. As you fail to provide the service what was expected! Shame on you Plusnet!!! 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps text edited as per Forum rules.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Cleo  that is not how it works.

You need to give PN the opportunity to rectify a fault if reported, ignoring their requests and you leaving will only result in early leaving fees, which will be passed to debt collectors if not paid.

Whilst it may be frustrating, you will be in a much better position if you provide the information they require, and posting on here will help give you evidence should it ever be needed.

Also this place can help with information and guidance to aid any issue you may have. 

Cleo
Dabbler

I have reported back, my situation remains the same, on occasions more frequently.

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@stevebezzer 

Hi

Please can you point me to where it states you cannot contact them within the first three weeks.

I am currently investigating certain practices re provision of broadband services.

On the BTW tester (last page of the info on the right hand side of the new test page, the one with the silly rocket!!) it states

1. It can take up to 10 days from set-up of a new service, or following
a ccSNR Reset for your broadband line to train up to its full speed. Do bear in mind that any speed test during this period may not reflect the true long-term speed of your Broadband.

As PN are part of BT and afaik use the same infrastructure, three weeks is a little excessive imlo.

Thanks

stevebezzer
Grafter

I’m new so I went to the top section of the community to see what it said about speed drops(the link is below) I should reiterate it doesn’t say can’t because you can call, there’s no one stopping you I called them, but it says you should only contact them after a few weeks if the speeds don’t settle which seems a bit odd. Obviously I ignored that instruction as it’s way after my cooling off period.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Experiencing-issues-with-a-new-Plusnet-Fibre-Connectio...

What should you do?

Just sit back and let the DLM do its thing. This should all be sorted in a couple of weeks, and once it’s done your connection’s performance should be up and running. If you notice problems after a few weeks, that’s the time to get in touch.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

You have a two week period from joining Plusnet to change your mind about taking out the contract. After that you are locked in. This is not designed to let you try using the service. Apart from cable suppliers all FTTC ISPs use the BT FTTC infrastructure anyway.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

stevebezzer
Grafter

What do you mean “Trying the service?” I’m not here to try it out I’m here cause it’s not working! I shouldn’t be having issues as soon as I sign up? Why would I come here to “Try” the internet out? All this just cements the fact that your service is crud. My wife works for the NHS we haven’t got time for problems with the internet or trying services out for the fun of it???????Huh