cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-LINK ARCHER C9

strayfish
Grafter

Re: TP-LINK ARCHER C9

Righty-ho. I'm going to give your last option a go first then if that doesn't work I'll buy more micro-filters. I'd just chucked the old ones out but maybe new ones would be better anyway. Sheesh!

strayfish
Grafter

No luck with the modem/router business, sadly. Ended up with the same thing as before - broadband connection successful and reporting internet access but no actual access to said internet. I'll talk to tech support tomorrow and baffle them for a while in the hope of sorting it out! Thanks again, everyone.

strayfish
Grafter

Probably the most frustratingly inconclusive tech support contact I've experienced in a while. Sometimes people seem not to listen even when the conversation is in writing. The upshot is that I've ordered a long DSL cable to snake through the house from the primary phone inlet (with the BT Connect faceplate) to my router. If that doesn't work, I'll be resurrecting some long-dormant Yorkshire expletives!

strayfish
Grafter

Update: DSL cable run from the top slot on the BT faceplate to the router did the trick. I still have microfilters in all the other phone sockets in case anyone's wondering. This may or may not be important but for now I'm beyond caring - I'm online with the new router, albeit a Hub, and that's good enough for now!

Strangely, I had an email today saying my new router's just been dispatched.