Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic Disconnections and Speed Halved

John905
Hooked

Sporadic Disconnections and Speed Halved

Hello everyone,

We have a bit of a double whammy with our Unlimited Fibre Extra connection. Firstly, it is subject to sporadic disconnections several times each day when the Hub light turns orange before reconnecting again after a minute or two. Secondly the speed has more than halved with a maximum on a good day now down to under 30Mbps. This has been happening for quite some time, slightly pre-dating the current Covid-19 situation and is on a wired connection. I had hoped it would sort itself out but unfortunately it is making working from home difficult. I have tried the tests suggested without any success (different routers, test socket, silent line test etc, etc).

These are some stats I pulled from the Hub:

Data rate 12000/29996

Max data rate  16633/75940

Noise margin 6.7/16.9

Line attenuation 16.2/15.0

Signal attenuation 0.0/0.0

On speedtests Ping is usually mid to late 30’s, downloads are late 20’s and uploads typically 11Mbps.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, or is this something we simply have to live with at the moment?

2 REPLIES 2
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Sporadic Disconnections and Speed Halved

Hi @John905, I've sent you an email with my testing and some further information. If you're able to get back to us there, that would be appreciated. Thanks!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
John905
Hooked

Re: Sporadic Disconnections and Speed Halved

That's brilliant, a highly impressive and quick response. Will get onto that now.