cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower with new contract

digg3r
Dabbler

Re: Slower with new contract

Apparently although plusnet offer speeds it is openreach who control them, I have had issues with connection which was due to a cable being damaged. The exchange recognises that issues are there and reduces your speed to a stable speed without disconnecting entirely. My cable damage was repaired at the weekend but the cabinet needs the connection resetting. Maybe you need to request the line being reset too 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@digg3r See @Gandalf 's reply above yours.

John
Mlewis
Grafter

@Gandalf Thank you for your reply and raising the ticket. I've updated it with best time/date for a visit.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've just added a response onto the ticket 221612181 now.

Feel free to post back again once you've replied and I'll make sure it's picked up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mlewis
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

So, we've had a Qube engineer out, who took one look and basically said "Nothing I can do, it all looks fine" and left. He was hear maybe 4 minutes.

In the few days since arranging this visit. my connection speed has dropped back down from 51.2Mbps to 40Mbps.... so what happens now? I've attached screengrabs from BT check and my router's connection speeds...

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @Mlewis, there's definitely something wrong here, speeds are continuing to fluctuate, and the Bridge Tap is still being detected in our GEA tests.

Looking at the visual radius, which I'll pop below, the line appears to be dropping at roughly the same time every day, while this might not be the route cause of your issues, it's certainly a place to start. It looks like some form of regular interference on the line. Can you think of anything that might be happening within the property on a regular basis at around 12:30AM? It can, believe it or not, be something as innocuous as lights being turned off.

If you can't think of anything, I'd definitely think about re-raising the matter with Openreach as the RRT is showing consistent line issues.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 44.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 18.2 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 420.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Errors Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From20:15to12:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 8
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2022-02-04T05:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 43.9 Mbps 55.8 Mbps 52.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 17.8 Mbps 18.4 Mbps 18.2 Mbps
Up Time 811.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 3.0 0.0
Radius
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Mlewis
Grafter

@adam945 Nothing overnight at that time - and I note this morning the drop out was later, around 2.20am

Please re-raise this with OpenReach.

Mlewis
Grafter

@adam945 Also, my speed is still dropping - it's now under 40Mbps

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Mlewis

I'm really sorry to see the Qube engineer wasn't able to resolve the bridge tap.

I've raised a fault with our suppliers and to progress the fault we'll need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Can you reply to the ticket 221612181 logged on your account with some availability when you'll be free? 

If you can post back like before, I can make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mlewis
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf 

I have updated the ticket

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Mlewis

I can see we've booked the engineer and updated the ticket 221612181 with the appointment details.

Let me know how it goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mlewis
Grafter

@Gandalf 

An Update (I've also updated the fault you raised)...

1) The fault you raised has "stopped" my right to leave, as apparently I haven't done the trouble shooting steps required. Not too sure how that affects me anyway, as I'm currently out of contract, but I absolutely have been doing everything requested

2) I'm still getting daily disconnects at a random time albeit between midnight and 3am

3) speed is still pathetic, and getting worse... connection speed is currently 34Mbps, with actual download speed topping out around 32Mpbs.(Attached screenshot of BT Broadband checker)

4) Upload speed is also getting slower. This has typically been very stable, almost never dropping below 16.5 - 17Mpbs. That's now down to 14Mpbs...

So what's next???

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @Mlewis, thank you for getting back to us.

I am really sorry for the continues issues that you are having with your service and for the email you received. Please just disregard this as I can see you are providing what we ask for you.

I have retested your line today but this isn't highlighting anything that may still be causing these drops and so the next step would be to send a further engineer for you.

I have updated your ticket and if you can please reply with your availability (and give us a nudge on here once you have replied) we can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mlewis
Grafter

Hi @LaurenB @Gandalf 

So we had yet another OR engineer yesterday, he has found and fixed an issue (as an additional note, he's by far the best engineer we've had - he actually put a lot of effort into working out exactly where the fault was, and then fixing it. If possible, please pass this on to OR). There's a couple of things from this need attention though:

1) The fault raised on your support portal has been closed as "I'm glad to see the line is now stable since the recent work". I'm not too sure how the decision that the line is stable can be made, when it's only been up for 17 hours???.

2) Whilst my connection speed is now back up to 52Mbps, my 'true' speed is still substantially slow - see attached screenshot, it's current only giving a download speed of 38.5Mbps.

Please can you re-open the call, and investigate why the 'true' speed is still so slow? 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Mlewis,

I'm really happy to hear that the engineer resolved a fault on the line, but I am sorry the ticket was closed prematurely.

I can see that my colleague in the fault team has amended your speed profile, please can reboot the router and check if the speed has improved?

If not please update the ticket here and we will progress the fault forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team