cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR Drop at similar times of day - with Routerstats

warejon9
Hooked

SNR Drop at similar times of day - with Routerstats

I have an odd SNR anomaly, in that every few hours the SNR on both upload and download will drop by nearly 1db. It doesn't cause the broadband to reset, however if I am doing something on our vpn, it usually causes that to drop out.

Attached are the routerstats. PS using the mk3 faceplate connected to the master socket.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: SNR Drop at similar times of day - with Routerstats

Hi

Do you have anything else connected into the master socket or just the hub? Looks liek something it turning on and off causing some interference, although from the times there is nothing too obvious like street lights, central heating, christmas tree lights etc that would be on / off at the times that are showing.

Thx ms

warejon9
Hooked

Re: SNR Drop at similar times of day - with Routerstats

Morning,

Yes the modem is connected to the MS through the mk3 faceplate. The MS is located by the fuse box for the house. There is nothing obvious turning on/off at those times, as the boiler etc is at the other end of the house/and is always on.

The only other thing I can think of is that the phone line runs through our neighbours house, and it could be something with them. But even so it is at slightly odd times.

What would be the normal jitter on the line?