cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multiple, usually short, outages

dannowillingham

I've also been having more regular outages for the past 2 or 3 days. When it's happened before, resetting the router has sorted it but sometimes I still can't connect even after resetting now.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

Post split into new topic for better visibility and to help staff

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks for your post @dannowillingham and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with your connection and can't get online at all. 

Line tests aren't showing any issues and it looks like you've got a couple of devices connected fine to the WiFi now with full signal. Do you still have problems? It may be worth plugging a laptop/computer into the router using an ethernet cable if you do, just to determine if the issue's with the wireless signal or the router may have developed a fault.

If there's an issue with the wireless try going through some troubleshooting steps Here.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannowillingham

Thanks Gandalf.

Yes, I'm online now, I had some downtime the other night across all devices but generally I'm ok.

I'm reading that USB 3.0 can cause some interference with 2.4Ghz Wi-fi so I think that's what's causing my problems now (I have a device near the router that has USB 3.0). I had no idea that might be the issue when I sent the first post.

I think it knocks my other devices offline and then it's hard to reconnect them although that's not a Plusnet issue.

As an aside, my wired connection to my TV hasn't been working for the last couple of days even with a router restart.

So I've got a few things going on there, I'm happy that you've checked and confirm there are no issues with the line test, it's just ruled that out for me.

I'm gonna turn it all off for a bit and try again later.

Thanks for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Thanks for getting back to me @dannowillingham 

No problem, let us know how it goes. If needed we could try replacing the router as the problem may be the router itself. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet