Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random speed drops throughout the day..

thusc26
Hooked

Random speed drops throughout the day..

Hi there,

For the past 2/3 days I've had random spikes on my internet speeds. For the most part its at the expected speed but theres odd occasion it seems to drop out every 10-15 minutes.. It doesn't disconnect the router 9/10 times but it does cause everything to lag.

I've ran a few speed tests and I've managed to catch it in the act, twice I've seen it go as low as 5MB download then will go back up & straight back down.

Nothings changed on the router so don't think this is the problem.

I've rebooted my router multiple times but doesn't seem to make much difference.

Is there known problems at the moment?

8 REPLIES 8
Clarkyminarky

Re: Random speed drops throughout the day..

Same for me all day Cannock Staffordshire. Now I have no service at all. Speeds and connection have been unstable and intermittent since joining 5 months ago
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi @thusc26

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

Our tests aren't showing any issues, do you see the problem using a wired or wireless connection?

@Clarkyminarky, line tests are highlighting a major service outage with an expected resolution date of 01-09-2018 22:27:00. Let us know next week if you're still having problems and we'll be happy to chase it up. We can't do much over the weekend for these type of issues as the team we'd contact are closed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thusc26
Hooked

It's effected both wired and wireless.

That being said I have rebooted the router again last night and not had any issues since
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @thusc26,

Thanks for getting back to us. We are happy to hear it has improved, please can you keep an eye on the connection over the next few days and get back to us if the issue re-occurs.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
thusc26
Hooked

Sadly Ive spoken too soon as its just dropped out completely for me 5 minutes ago. Had to reboot the router as it doesnt seem it was able to reestablish the connection itself...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@thusc26, I think I've identified the cause of the problem and I've asked our products guys to push a firmware update to your router which should be done within the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thusc26
Hooked

Thats great thank you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet