cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

PKblue
Hooked

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I too have been suffering drop outs and have been put on the list of those affected. I have been told it is being caused by uploads somehow, but I cannot cause the dropout by doing anything specific, it seems to happen randomly. I tried uploading large files to Dropbox, and the connection did not drop out. I tried running SpeedTest (which determines maximum download and upload speeds for your connection, likely flooding the capacity) and it was fine. It generally drops out when I am just browsing the web (unless there is something that is uploading in the background that I am not aware of). 

I have 40/2 fibre connection using Plusnet Hub One. When it drops out, I get orange lights (both main light and the 'b' light) for about 30 secs then it connects back to blue lights. All very odd. 

I am trying different things (eg. not having iPhone connected to WiFi; stop some software from running) to see if any affect. So far I have not had any drop outs in 2 days, so that is encouraging and suggests it is caused by a particular device or process (or software), and is not a generic 'upload' issue. 

tocamak

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Ooh, that's very interesting. I couldn't have tried this until Saturday at the earliest, so appreciate you taking the time to test. I'll probably play around with the HH5 anyway to see if I can replicate that the issue goes away for me too (in case that helps!)
csjkeir
Dabbler

Just to update: I have now disabled iCloud Photo Library on all devices, disabled iCloud Drive and all other uploading interfaces. An iMessage sent on Monday evening triggered a disconnection, so we have been careful not to use that since then. The upshot is since disabling these things, it hasn't disconnected...
semitone440
Dabbler

An update to my message #119. Today I went out and bought the cheapest VDSL modem wireless router I could find, a TP-LINK TD-W9970 (£34.99 from Argos, 572/8882). I'm pleased to report that it seems to have solved the problem as it managed to upload a 270 MB file to Google Drive without any errors. This reinforces Bob's suspicion that the Hub One router is the culprit.

Anthony

nickjbyrne
Hooked

I did exactly the same yesterday and my connection is working perfectly now, time will tell for sure but it appears much improved when uploads are happening and 2.4Ghz wifi range is also better.

ener

The connection drops every 3-4 minutes. After a drop latency is 10ms and increases to 100ms (or higher in bursts) before next drop takes it down again.  The graphs shows latency and drops. Green band is 0-100ms.

Capture2.PNGCapture1.PNG

• Make/model of router

Plusnet Hub One

• Firmware/software version (for Hub Ones you can get this by looking at the footer of the router admin pages)

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 02/10/16

• What product/speed you have, e.g. Unlimited Fibre 40/2, Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 etc.

Unlimited Fibre 40/2

• Gateway you're connected to

The gateway checker gives an error but reports: core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 4.868 ms

A trace shows 141.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk as the first hop and be3-3106.psb-ir02.plus.net as the second

• Device being used to upload from e.g. Android Smartphone, Windows 10 machine, Macbook OSX etc.

Windows 10 machine

• What it is you're uploading/what service you're using e.g. iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive

Backblaze - Online Backup‎

• When the problem first started

End of November 2016

• If you have access to a different router, whether or not the problem affects that too, or if it's just specific to the Hub One

On 2nd new Plusnet Hub One, no access to other routers

drainbamaged
Hooked

Accidental repost. (Didnt have email verified)

drainbamaged
Hooked

I'm having the same issues listed by everybody else as of last night. Makes gaming impossible Sad

raycrowe
Hooked

Same issue as you are all experiencing. Very frustrating trying to upload an important video to Vimeo. Tried for several hours now with constant drop outs before I became aware of this post by a helpful forum member. I am using a router that was replaced only 10 days ago but used for first time today trying to upload file. Sorry I ever upgraded (or should that be downgraded) to fibre optic broadband.

AjayMurudkar

Every time I try to upload 200MB+ size video, my router hangs up and restarts and the upload stops.

This is happening every time I try to upload a 200+ MB size videos.

Unhappy with Plusnet service

AjayMurudkar

My connection always drops - router starts blinking and restarts

• Make/model of router - From Where Should I get it?
  • Firmware/software version (for Hub Ones you can get this by looking at the footer of the router admin pages)
  • What product/speed you have, e.g. Unlimited Fibre 40/2, Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 etc. - From Where
  • Gateway you're connected to - Got following error - "core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 4.695 ms"
  • Device being used to upload from e.g. Android Smartphone, Windows 10 machine, Macbook OSX etc. - Windows 10 Laptop, Also tried from Samsung S7 Android
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using e.g. iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive - Uploading a video to http://www.itv.com/youvebeenframed and also uploading video via - https://transfer.pcloud.com/ both failed and caused router to hang and restart
  • When the problem first started - 1 months ago, i dont think I ever tried uploading any big vide before this.
  • If you have access to a different router, whether or not the problem affects that too, or if it's just specific to the Hub One - How can I make my fibre optic work on different router???

See attached my router - you should know make and model of it.

PKblue
Hooked

As a follow on to my previous post, for the last few days I have turned off wi-fi from my iPhone and I have not had a single disconnect when using broadband with my iPad or computer. I can upload large files or generally use the net with no problem. So it seems my disconnect issue is being caused by something on my iPhone trying to upload and causing a drop out. Hopefully this is useful for PlusNet to help diagnose.

csjkeir
Dabbler

Update...

I disabled iCloud photo library and iCloud drive 5 days ago and have had a stable connection since.  Just switched iCloud Photo Library back on, and have had my first disconnection.

Happy to switch this off for the time being, but would like to use it as and when this issue is resolved.

Chris

yasminflower

Hi, I recieved a message to post in the forum about the broadband dropping out. I have uploaded PDF files in the past, last week, or at least attempted to but the broadband is constantly dropping even for emails and light internet use...do you need more information?

I have the fibre connection with the new plusnet hub thing.

Mac OS,

was sendspace also i tried to upload a video to youtube a couple of weeks ago

Problem started last week. (I previously had this problem last month was eventually ( mostly) resolved.)

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 24/09/16

Kind regards

AjayMurudkar

Can Anybody bother to reply back?

Its pathetic service by Plusent