cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd one?

SteGuino
Hooked

Odd one?

I've had issues with my router recently and connection.

So I've had to start again, reset it all up and now its working.

But when I connect to wifi on certain sites, sky shield is coming up saying its blocking the site?

I don't understand where this is coming from, as I'm with plus net?

Is my line conflicting with some one elses line?

Its fine via a wired connection, but not wifi.

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: Odd one?

Sounds like you have connected to a neighbours wifi, especially if wired connections are working ok.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SteGuino
Hooked

I'm connected to my wifi on my network, with my name for the wifi and my password.

Unless the signal is the same? I'll try changing that later and also see if it does it on the 2.4ghz band.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@SteGuino 

You're not by any chance using powerline units? It's not unknown for the default password set on these to be the same as units bought by a neighbour, causing all sorts of cross coupling issues.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SteGuino
Hooked

I am using them yes, but its not the wired connection thats the issue, its the wifi.

No one else has powerline units in the street, there all on wifi and not very tech mind and as far as I know there all on talk talk as well. Only 5 houses in my row.

But saying that in the past I have seen a sky tv appear on router every now and again.

Baldrick1

Regardless of what you think your neighbours have try either disconnecting them or change their password, the manual should tell you how. My money is still on this being your problem.

I have long given up on these troublesome devices and installed Ethernet wiring.

Moderator and Customer

SteGuino
Hooked

but the wired network doesn't have the issue? 

Its only the wifi thats doing it and wifi isn't running through those plugs.

If I surf on the web on my pc via the wired network, there is nothing wrong with it, no blocks.

It only happens on wifi.

That doesn't make any sense to me how it could be the plugs, because the wifi isn't going out through them or even connecting to them.

I'll try turning them off and seeing if that makes any difference and if it does I'll look at the password.

Baldrick1

So you're not even going to try switching them off to see if it makes a difference with your WiFi?

Moderator and Customer

SteGuino
Hooked

That doesn't make any sense to me how it could be the plugs, because the wifi isn't going out through them or even connecting to them.

I'll try turning them off and seeing if that makes any difference and if it does I'll look at the password.

I don't have any other option that using these, I have no real way of fitting ethernet cables through the house, its a 60s concrete  build and there is no real access to be able to run wires though the house, with using an under tidy slightly mess.

I've never had any issues with them before.