Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dial Tone and Slow Fibre Broadband

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

No Dial Tone and Slow Fibre Broadband

Yesterday  16th March at around13.00 hrs, I used the text message service to report that I had no dial tone on my landline.

I had a response that no fault found and requesting my approval for further tests. That resulted in a second message saying a fault had been found and it was reported to engineers for a fix.  I was then asked to complete a survey on myopinion of the new service

Since then no contact at all no progress report and no indication of an appointment for an engineer. This is not in accordance with the expectations reported on the help pages for phones.

In addition My broadband is running at around 4.1 mbps download and BT Wholesale speed test indicates that 4.23 mbps is the maximum speed my line will support. I have been getting around 28 to 30 mbps for the last 5 years at least. Is this purely a result of the reported phone fault?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: No Dial Tone and Slow Fibre Broadband

@agedgopher 

No dial tone and slow internet is a  symptom that one of the pair of BT cables feeding your master socket is disconnected somewhere. This should be automatically fixed when the phone fault is cleared.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @agedgopher,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I've had a look at the account this evening and I can see that the phone fault appears to be resolved - is that the case from your end of things, or are you still having issues with the service?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@TheMightyAJ   

Yes all sorted this afternoon. Openreach engineer arrived at the cabinet at about 13.10 and problem cleared at about 15.00 hrs.

Dial tone back and download speed now at around 35 mbps. 
Thank you very much.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Excellent, cheers for the confirmation!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet