cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer and getting slow speeds

Dpennycook
Dabbler

New Customer and getting slow speeds

My contract started on the 15th of July and I havent been getting near my estimated speeds, I will attach some screenshots but the bt wholesale site seems to be having issues at the moment.  My minimum speed should be 44mb but the fastest I have experienced is around 27mb, and I am also getting issues streaming netflix and the occasional drop out as well

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information in attachment removed from a public forum.
10 REPLIES 10
Dpennycook
Dabbler

Re: New Customer and getting slow speeds

Manged to get the test working

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Dpennycook and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues.

I've tested your line today and the tests are showing what's known as a bridge tap, which is a generally a wiring issue. To investigate further, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit. 

Can you reply to your fault ticket online Here or the text we've sent with two or three timeslots when you'll be free for a visit? The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm.

Feel free to post back once you've responded and we'll make sure that's booked for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dpennycook
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into it for me, I have responded with some available times now
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Dpennycook, thanks for getting back to us and advising you've updated the fault ticket. I've looked into and updated this ticket further that requires your attention and can be seen here. Please feel free to give us a further nudge when replying to the ticket further so we can get this picked up for you ASAP.

Dpennycook
Dabbler

Hi @BD , I have replied to the ticket now 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Dpennycook, thanks for getting back to us and confirming. I've looked into and progressed the fault on your account that should have sent you through an email confirmation regarding the engineer appointment. Please let us know how the visit goes and if issues still look to be present there after.

Dpennycook
Dabbler

Hi, engineer has visited today and said issue should be resolved, I have completed some speed checks since and it has slightly improved to around 29 Mbps, are you able to recheck the line to see if issue with the bridge tap has been resolved?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @Dpennycook

I'm glad to see your speed has improved. Line tests are showing the bridge tap's gone but your speed's still definitely below where we'd expect of between 49mbps to 70mbps. I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to take another stab at this. 

If you're fine with that could you reply to your ticket again Here with some more availability?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dpennycook
Dabbler

Hi, I have added a message with some dates for the engineer to visit now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Dpennycook

I've booked the engineer visit and added the appointment details to the ticket 216496954

We'll follow things up with you as soon as we can afterwards, but feel free to post back to let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet