Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Slow Speeds - Post 14 Day period

raikesy1

New Customer - Slow Speeds - Post 14 Day period

Hello,

Hopefully I can get the attention of Plusnet staff to help me with my 'issue'

I've now clicked over the 14 day DLM period but my line speed is stuck at around 50Mb. The past 8 years at this address I've always had nigh-on exactly 70Mb with every provider (including Plusnet for a few years previously, and Sky most recently)

I suspect some disconnects during the first week mostly caused by me messing about with my modem\router\mesh set up has kicked me to a lower 'safer' speed during my DLM period.

Can anyone take a look for me, and maybe reset the DLM, do whatever needs to happen to release me from the current lower speed restriction, please?

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: New Customer - Slow Speeds - Post 14 Day period

Hi @raikesy1

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues. 

Looking into this from what I can see DLM's banded your speed to a maximum of 60mbps and as everything else checks out OK, I've arranged for the banding to be removed which should happen within 3 working days.

Let us know how things look after then. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
raikesy1

Hi @Gandalf 

That's excellent, thanks for that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

No problem @raikesy1 let us know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
raikesy1

Hi @Gandalf 

Just to provide an update, whatever you did previously worked, and my line speed was back up to expected and previous levels, however it appears to have dropped itself back down. Can you please take a look at this again for me? 

Thank you

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @raikesy1, I'm really sorry that you have experienced some further issues with your speed.

I have tested the line and whilst the current sync is within your estimates, it is currently banded at 67mb and so I have sent off to have this banding lifted for you. Please just allow 72 working hours for this to go through and let us know how things are after.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team