cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband constantly dropping out

shesawsparks

Fibre broadband constantly dropping out

I started a new fibre broadband contract with Plusnet back in September this year and now I'm beginning to wish I hadn't. Every day my internet connection very regularly drops out, I'll be watching a video or just doing some general web browsing when I'll suddenly have no internet and have to wait about 20-30 seconds for it to reconnect again, which is both extremely annoying and inconvenient.  Please could someone investigate.

2 REPLIES 2
Ridethesplit
Grafter

Re: Fibre broadband constantly dropping out

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Repeated-connection-drop-outs/td-p/1836763

Same problem.

Been with PN for years no issues, then this year, repeated dropouts and shocking speeds.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Fibre broadband constantly dropping out

Thanks for your post @shesawsparks and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues with your router getting 40mbps and no drops over 15 days. Looking into your router's settings, all your devices seem to be wireless so I'd recommend going through some WiFi troubleshooting steps explained Here. Let us know how you get on. Smiley

@Ridethesplit, I've responded to your own topic Here. Can you take a look please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet