cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple wifi devices dropping off connection

raviahluwalia
Hooked

Multiple wifi devices dropping off connection

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? (I have moved this post here to the correct place)

I have boradband and a plusnet router which has worked for years with no problems. Over the last couple of months both my wifes Iphone 11, my Samsung S9 and our HP laptop will connect to the wifi and then get kicked off after a few minutes. I only realised when I was running out of mobile data on my phone. The laptop does work when connected direct to the router with a cable.

My phone priodically says there is an authentication error and will let me reconnect for a very short period of time before it boots me off again (It says connected however how connected I'm unsure)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ravi

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Multiple wifi devices dropping off connection

Hi there @raviahluwalia, I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the WiFi.

It sounds like you may need to split your routers wireless frequencies, I have provided a guide on this here for you.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Multiple wifi devices dropping off connection

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic locked in favour of this one

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine