cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple disconnects during first week

rshill1973
Dabbler

Re: Multiple disconnects during first week

Hi Gandalf, unfortunately our connection is still dropping. Not nearly as much as before, which is good news. But over the last week - since your suppliers (EE?) came out to have a look at the issue - our connection is still dropping once or twice a day, again usually in the evening. It's very frustrating that these issues are still occurring. I've been with Plusnet for nearly two months now - I just want good broadband!

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi htere @rshill1973 Smiley We can see the drops too but nothing is coming back on testing. If you could plug everything into the test socket like this and then reply to your recent question in relation to this here then it'll get picked up when Gandalf is back in the office Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
rshill1973
Dabbler

Hi, we have had the router plugged direct into the test socket for the last 48 hours. Unfortunately dropouts are still happening. None on Tuesday night (result), but two dropouts last night.

Download speeds were a little lower than usual using the test socket, but generally were pretty unaffected.

In addition to this, ever since your suppliers came to "fix" the issue a couple of weeks ago, the signal strength/range has deteriorated significantly in the house. Wireless devices drop out of wi-fi depending on whereabouts we are in the house. This never happened with either of our previous providers. And despite the dropout issues, it never happened with Plusnet until your suppliers allegedly fixed the problem the other week.

I'll copy this post into the ticket as well.

I don't want to sound angry, but I've been with Plusnet as a new customer for nearly two months now, and I have yet to get fully functioning broadband. I know you guys are going to work hard to fix the issue, but at the moment I'm not at all impressed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to me @rshill1973 

I believe I've since responded via your ticket and I plan to follow up tomorrow

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jlog
Grafter

Hi Anoush,
We’ve had a really good run since mid-July, only a couple of disconnects. That was until last Thursday, counted 7 disconnects since then, at least one per day. My previous ticket has automatically closed hence posting here. Have any changes been made that could have caused them to start occurring more frequently?

Thanks
Jamie