cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home While In Contract

lpulley93

Moving Home While In Contract

I am moving into a friends house in a few weeks (some time next month) and the property I believe the property already has internet with BT (not sure on the contract length it's possible its rolling monthly). The problem is I have a contract with Plusnet for a while yet and I'm uncertain I will be able to transfer it when I move. What is the best solution to proceed here as I don't want to incur massive fee's or anything? Thank you!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Moving Home While In Contract

If the homeowner is fine with it you could have a 2nd socket installed for your plusnet connection at their address, if there are spare pairs on the drop wire to the property this can be done relatively quickly by an engineer Smiley

lpulley93

Homeowner would be fine with that and there is already a 2nd socket (no idea if it works) there. Via this way would it still be possible given enough notice for my connection to be transferred to that home the same day I move? I work from home and discussed this in plusnet chat and was told if I give enough notice it is likely it could be done the same day I move.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

The other socket could be used if it's not an extension from the main line, in regards to timescales, we would aim to have this done the day you move but it is dependent on engineer availability, it'd be best to call our House Moves team however as they can tell you what dates are likely to be available for this work to go ahead.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@lpulley93

Plug a phone in to the second socket and check for a dial tone. If there is one dial 17070 - if it tells you the number is the same as the main phone it's an extension and of no use to you.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)