cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Download Speed

sjmartin60
Dabbler

Low Download Speed

I've been having problems with my fibre speed recently, was getting 65+mbps download drop to about 47mbps a couple of weeks ago, called them, said to reset router, done, no difference. Today did a speed test and dropped again to 27mbps but all the while the upload speed has remain the same at 15mbps.

Why?

3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Low Download Speed

I take it that these are speeds on a wired connection, not wifi? In your position, I would report as a fault. Plusnet people are not particularly active in the Forum today but they may pick this up. If they don't, or if you want to move things along,.....

To report a fault, run though the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but costs you nothing, and makes Plusnet aware of your issue. They have to look at it, and the report gets the issue into the queue for action.

There may still be problems with the BT speed test (I'm not sure whether they are resolved) but try it with Internet Explorer. If there are problems, report speeds from an alternative speed test such as Ookla at speedtest.net.

Please let us know how you get on.

sjmartin60
Dabbler

Thanks BrightonRock, clicked on the link and they are aware of the fault 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @sjmartin60,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues, I've tested your connection and the sync is still showing a little lower than the estimates suggest your line is capable of.

I'm raising this for further investigation with our suppliers now and our faults team will be in touch with more information once we have received updates from our suppliers.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing. Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet